No announcement yet.

Casebook Examiner No. 4 (October 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I've just been promoted to sergeant! (Mainly thanks to posting lots and lots of dumb newbie questions.) I feel different already, like people should respect me more, dammit.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Any thoughts on the new issue? I think it's amazing.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Thank You Robert, that makes post 13 clearer. Being in Kansas I am handicapped in many and substantial ways. Dave
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

I thought the new issue comes out on Friday. Someone had a sneak preview, or eventually fishing for compliments on his own work?
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

I thought the iPhone application review in issue 4 was utterly splendid....

Andrew

Comment

There are Ripperological iPhone applications? (Not of much benefit to me, since I don't have an iPhone.) Besides the Roger J. Palmer concluding part I'm very curious about the alleged discovery mentioned by Simon Wood which is expected to blow the Palmer conclusions out of the water. I assume the discovery won't be as cryptic as the aromatic ballad verse?
              Oh, NOW I get it! Seasons of the case is Caz' editorial piece. (A particularly quick grasp exhibited here.) Many, many apologies.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

I most profoundly apologize for my very stupid and offensive (NOT truly humorous) post #19. Can't even use the excuse of having being drunk, as I wasn't, I was just terribly exhausted after an intensely long and tiring day (essentially having worked non stop for 22 hours). One of these days I might become able to control my obnoxious big mouth.
                I'm looking forward to reading Examiner 4, particularly the pieces on the financial history of Whitechapel and on new suspects (I hope noone starts again with Kozminsky, though).
                I'm also very curious to read Caz for the very first time.
                As for the R. J. Palmer concluding story, very happily I have 2 old articles by Wolf Vanderlinden available to re-read together with R. J. Palmer's Part 1 and 2, to see how all this adds up. I'm most curious about Simon Wood's mysterious discovery, if he cares to share it with the broad public, if he has managed to “get his ducks in a row“ in the meantime (which brings about a very cute image of ducks in a row).
                Might I hazzard a guess and assume that this mysterious discovery pertains to a conspiracy theory? OK, here I go again. It's SO hard to get rid of one's naturally obnoxious disposition. Repeat 10 times: “Gandhi, Gandhi, help me be good, I wanna be humble and good“...)
                Last edited by mariab; 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab
                  I most profoundly apologize for my very stupid and offensive (NOT truly humorous) post #19.
                  Yes, it was very offensive and uncalled for, but I do accept your apology. And yes, I expect everyone to compliment my work in CE4, which is flawlessly researched and exquisitely written.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

It was definitely uncalled for, and I apologize again, but it was not meant with an offensive intention. As for the complimenting, I can't guarantee anything until I read the piece. It might even be severely critiqued.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
                      I thought the iPhone application review in issue 4 was utterly splendid....

Andrew
                      Me too, Andrew. Not least because your writing makes proofreaders very happy.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        And yes, I expect everyone to compliment my work in CE4, which is flawlessly researched and exquisitely written.
                        But how did you know?

Just kidding, Tom, just kidding.

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

Caz, did you happen to edit Tom's piece for Examiner 4? How many DAYS did you have to work per page? (Just kidding, Tom.) Caz, were you stationEry or mobile when engaging in this?
                          (Please, don't take this as an atttempt at being offensive, as I'm the QUEEN of typos myself, in every single language that I speak/write. And my posts here on casebook confirm this.)
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

Sorry, Maria, but it wouldn't be professional of me to comment further - except to say that with a team like ours, I expect everything to be exquisitely written.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

Oh, dear! I am going in my cave now. Dave
                              We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Caz and Maria,

A few typos were slipped into my Le Grand article intentionally. As you're aware, I have developed a reputation for almost superhuman accuracy. Many other writers and researchers began to resent me for my clear superiority, and it was suggested by Don Souden that I make some typos so as to appear less omnipotent than I'm generally perceived. I reluctantly went along with the idea, but it seems to have worked out, as the little people are quite happy.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. Oddly enough, I have no idea if Caz edited or has even read my latest article. You'd think I would know that, wouldn't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X