Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Book: REWRITING WHITECHAPEL's LEGACY: An exercise in Behavioural Science.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book: REWRITING WHITECHAPEL's LEGACY: An exercise in Behavioural Science.

Rewriting Whitechapel's Legacy takes the case in a new direction, using modern investigative techniques. This is an unique approach to a case that has maintained interest for over 130 years.
    But the investigation also considered related facts from the late 19th century, with all facts checked and verified.
    Across the 119 pages, it brings a whole new dimension to the questions of 'How many were actually killed by Jack?" and "Who was Jack?", with annotated historic maps and mapping. Reading through the details of the book will lead to even diehard ripperologists questioning the 'official' story.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RWL cover.png
Views:	461
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	763163

ABSTRACT: The Whitechapel legacy from the late 1880’s has conjured a vast number of solutions to many questions such as ‘Who was killed?’ and ‘Who was Jack?’. It is a classic cold case but one that regularly fails to include perspective, verified investigative techniques and logical deductive thinking. Much has been written about the district of Whitechapel but in considering the question of ‘Who was the killer?’, one must go back to the start and consider who was killed by the same person.

Life and living was hard in Whitechapel. Overcrowding, object poverty and illness were factors that inflicted the residents. It has been described as seedy and crime ridden, but Whitechapel was not alone as a London district to suffer these problems; and not every resident was regarded as poor. Whitechapel may have been viewed as a hard place to live, but before 1888, the district had deaths like any other but none as a result of homicide. Mortality rates were high but causes were recorded as natural, illness/disease, accidental or suicide. One night in August 1888 changed that…

‘Rewriting Whitechapel’s Legacy’ provides the opportunity to apply Behavioural Science to this lasting cold case and present an intelligent investigation of the events. One supported by techniques and evidence that identifies a new figure whose verified background makes him a very significant person. It provides answers to who was killed, who was Jack ‘in name’ and who was Jack ‘the person’.
    Attached Files
    Rewriting Whitechapel's Legacy: An exercise in Behavioural Science eBook : Adams, Mike: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Mike Adams is the name of the author.

Mike, good luck with the book!

Comment

It looks interesting.

My only caveat is that at the equivalent of 119 pages, it seems to me that 119 pages probably won't be long enough to do justice to this fascinating subject.

I am of the same view re Christer Holmgren's book "Cutting Point", which runs to 206 pages.

Comment

My fiction novel is already over 280 pages and I feel I had to sacrifice so much detail already. I probably have another 150 pages.
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

mpriestnall Thank you

Comment

barnflatwyngarde A large page count was not the focus. I could easily have increased the page numbers BUT one of my objectives was to present the material in a straightforward way, for a jury to follow for example.
            A lot of technical and background details are superfluous in a criminal trial, as you want the jury to understand the information presented and follow it through to their deliberations.
            To make the book more accessible and include non ripper enthusiasts, the style I adopted was one of 'easy to read'.
            But it is a complete story...

Comment

This looks interesting.

Will it be available as an "old school" book at any point?

I do have a Kindle, but I just can't take to it....

Comment

Intriguing!

Typo in your book description: "object poverty" should read "abject poverty", I think
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

What is meant by ‘Whitechapel’? An area that had no homicides prior to 1888, apparently. What were its boundaries?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                    What is meant by ‘Whitechapel’? An area that had no homicides prior to 1888, apparently. What were its boundaries?
                    Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Statistical Shortfalls: Loanes 1887 Report in Review

Comment

Thanks, RJ.

This is just a rather strange statement:

Whitechapel may have been viewed as a hard place to live, but before 1888, the district had deaths like any other but none as a result of homicide.

Presumably - hopefully - it’s expanded and less woolly in the book itself.
                      Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-10-2022, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Good luck with it Mike , I only hope we dont have another Lon Chaney type suspect on our hands .
                        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Most towns and cities in England in 1888,had districts similar to Whitechapel,and those districts lasted well into the twentieth century.I was born in a court very similar to Millers court.It had an archway entrance almost exactly the same,and a shop one side of the entrance.The street it ran off was cobbled,had gas lighting,as did the houses.It could have been a copy of Dorset Street.It joined a major road as did Dorset street,and the court would have been about the same distance from the intersection as Millers Court.Just for interest and not claiming any advantage,but I experienced what others can only read about.

Comment

Working...
                          X