Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Patricia Cornwall so special?!?! How come SHE gets all the limelight?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anna View Post
    Just when you think Pirate Jack is the only one in PC's corner....along comes mac-the-kipper,to back him up....all we need now is a mermaid to appear!

Mac,...hope you don't mind me using your first name...
    Do you not detect something a little fishy about this suspect.....

In other words........HE 'AINT JACK THE RIPPER.
    I ain't backing anyone up. I just think some people here are giving others a rough ride. I haven't read Patricia's book, nor am I likely ever to. The last JTR book I read was 'Letters from hell' and that was only because I have a passing interest in the letters themselves.

Mac the kipper is a joke I had with Keith Skinner a while back.

Also I believe that Sickert didn't do it. No-one will ever know for sure who it was.
    I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

• Hold on..when has the Pirate ever been in Patricia Cornwalls corner?

The Pirate has been perfectly consistent on casebook supporting the brilliant research and theories put forward by Rob House. I’ve spent the best part of the last ten years eliminating all but one suspect from my JtR list..and he certainly IS NOT Walter Sickert.

Since when has been suggesting that personal abuse should not be hurled against someone because they, like the Pirate , have a belief in a suspect theory..been classed as support?

Like the rest of you I think most of Cornwells book is tosh, but it seems clear that she has apparently turned up something of interest with regards to one letter and the opinion of an expert paper examiner. Peter Bower.

I have been defending Peter Bower’s corner when it was suggested..liabelously that he had produced results that Patricia Cornwell wanted because he was being paid by her.

Anyone who has met Peter Bower will know this is a ridiculous statement.

It has also been claimed that ‘a number of leading experts’ have ridiculed Peter Bower, again the Pirate says Piffal…name your experts if you have them?

It strikes me that Patricia is in a catch 22…you all demand she publishes NOW, then you demand that she provides proper research and analysis..

Well isn’t that possibly why she has employed Keith Skinner. Could it be that she’s investing money in better research and chasing more leads? A book which she has already stated wont contain the title ‘Case Closed’

I don’t know, all I’ve suggested is that these things take time, if they are to be done properly. Patricia has stated there is to be an updated book and I have no reason to doubt it will come along when its ready, and hopefully this time better researched.

It’s a very different thing believing Sickert had a keen interest in the JtR murders, which he clearly did, and may have involved himself further in the case than was previously thought, than to suggest Sickert as the Ripper, a very different thing.

That’s it Anna, I am certainly not in Patricia Cornwells corner, far from it.

Comment

• Greetings!

........Relax Fella's!!

I was only joking!!!

With user names like yours...I just couldn't resist it.

ANNA.xxxx

Comment

• Hay Anna why don't you become a Mermaid?

There's Marreana from Sting Ray?

Perhaps me and Kipper could become Troy and Phones?

Pirate

Comment

• Hiya, Pirate Jack!

Great Idea!

"Marina......Aqua Marina",

Ah,Yes....I remember it well.

ANNA.

Comment

• From hence forth thou shall be known as "Aqua"

Well I'm off..will catch you all next week..Ibiza becon's for the weekend.

It looks like we all have a wait a while anyway

And on my return there are more important things to discuss..

Like Kent, for One..

The wind is in me sails and me heart is in its Rollocks...

Bye ee

Comment

• PS AquA AnnA

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Holy necromancy! Quick, let me comment on a dead thread:

Certainly not for technical or cognitive skills. . . It's a non sequitor built upon a post hoc ergo propter hoc, continuously.
                  "All science is either physics or stamp collecting" - Ernest Rutherford

Comment

• Yes, C S Lewis and Royals would make really something...
                    Me?
                    For the memory of my sweet, ambereyed and animal-loving mother (1932-2007). Be happy in Heaven.

Comment

• Novels

I used to love the Scarpetta novels, especially the first few. Then Kay Scarpetta seemed to disappear up her own arse. Does this woman possess a sense of humour? My friends and family became used to hearing my screeches of anguish as I read yet another passage in which Kay makes fresh pasta or cooks some amazing stew from scratch. I thought she was supposed to be a busy woman! Now I find Cornwell's written a book called "Scarpetta's Winter Table", which appears to include a collection of recipes. Either Cornwell's got a better sense of humour than her protagonist, or she's totally gone insane. Anyway, as for Black Notice - I was relieved to find myself enjoying it, after the astonishingly anti-climatic ending of "Point of Origin", but once again, the ending left a lot to be desired. There's no interplay between heroine and villain like we used to get, just the obligatory break-in and the chase through the various rooms of the house. Ho-hum, seen it all before.

Comment

• You could have a lot of fun imagining what sort of culinary literature could emerge from our favourite crime investigators. Here are a few for starters:

Morse's Big Book of Party Cake Recipes

Frost's 30 Quick Dinner for Busy Dectectives

Comment

• Holme's book of Lemon Entree's

Detective Frost's tips on Icing/Frosting

Barlow and Watt in Watt's cooking

TJ Hooker's guide to Cookers
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Watson: "My dear Holmes, that appears to be a lemon-coloured flatfish you have there!"

Holmes: "A yellow manta ray, my dear Watson!"

Groan...

Graham
                            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Flambe' Wambaugh

Served with a cold Molsen by Olsen
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

• What was I thinkin? It's ONIONS Wambaugh

Emlyn Williams: Beyond the Beef
                                Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
                                X