Jack the Ripper-The real truth 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    To be fair it matters not to me, whatever review anyone gives will be their own personal one, which they are entitled to give, and bearing in mind the results of my investigation to date have always been regarded as contentious, and readily dismissed by a small minority I expect that status quo to be maintained by that small minority.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    Could you direct me to the new information about Mary Kelly, please, Trevor? I obviously keep missing it. And I'm not being rude, but can you indicate anything new in this book that you consider it is worth buying it for? I mean, I found the stuff about the visit to the chap with the alleged Sickert knife and bag, but it's a non-story isn't it. Hardly worth forking out a few quid for, so I like to know what you rate highly in this revised edition. Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
      Could you direct me to the new information about Mary Kelly, please, Trevor? I obviously keep missing it. And I'm not being rude, but can you indicate anything new in this book that you consider it is worth buying it for? I mean, I found the stuff about the visit to the chap with the alleged Sickert knife and bag, but it's a non-story isn't it. Hardly worth forking out a few quid for, so I like to know what you rate highly in this revised edition. Ta.
      Yes, I'm having trouble locating any reference to 'Mary Kelly finally identified?'

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
        Yes, I'm having trouble locating any reference to 'Mary Kelly finally identified?'
        If you use the kindle search engine and type in "The search to conclusively prove the real identity of Mary Kelly, has been ongoing for many years"

Comment

If you use the kindle search engine and type in "The search to conclusively prove the real identity of Mary Kelly, has been ongoing for many years"

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          The result of this search reminded me of a Christmas episode of Gavin and Stacey for some reason..
          That was worth a £5 update?!

Comment

The result of this search reminded me of a Christmas episode of Gavin and Stacey for some reason..
            That was worth a £5 update?!
            Did Amazon apologise with a packet of Paxo?
            Last edited by MrBarnett; 11-01-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              Yuk yuk yuk

The words of the imortal Johnny Rotten come to mind.
              Last edited by Abby Normal; 11-01-2018, 09:44 PM.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                No, they could see I'd already been stuffed paying a fiver for the book.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                  A sage observation from someone who knows his onions.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                    This is your third edition of this book, which began life as The Secret Police Files, so don't you think your readers, the people you want to invest their hard-earned money in your book, deserve to be given clear guidance to what the new information is for which you want their money, and where they can find it? Using Kindle search is great for those who have sacrificed a book they've already paid for to get the new Kindle version, but what about those who took the plunge and bought your paperback? How do they find the new information without trawling through a book they've maybe already read twice?

You are selling a product, you are claiming that the product contains new and important information. Don't you think you have a moral responsibility to tell all your potential readers where that information is?

New and important information, Trevor. It doesn't appear to be there, Trevor. People can't find it. Don't you think you have a moral obligation to help people recognise it?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                      This is your third edition of this book, which began life as The Secret Police Files, so don't you think your readers, the people you want to invest their hard-earned money in your book, deserve to be given clear guidance to what the new information is for which you want their money, and where they can find it? Using Kindle search is great for those who have sacrificed a book they've already paid for to get the new Kindle version, but what about those who took the plunge and bought your paperback? How do they find the new information without trawling through a book they've maybe already read twice?

You are selling a product, you are claiming that the product contains new and important information. Don't you think you have a moral responsibility to tell all your potential readers where that information is?

New and important information, Trevor. It doesn't appear to be there, Trevor. People can't find it. Don't you think you have a moral obligation to help people recognise it?
                      I clearly state that this is a revised edition, which contains new evidence and new facts and I have publicly stated what is now in the book. I have also stated that it contains material previously published which is true.

The new book was previously only available in kindle and i have now made it available in paperback for those who do not like kindle books.

The problem is as I see it is that you and others are only interested in some of the new stuff, which I accept, but there is no use in moaning when you cannot find what you are specifically interested in when you cant find it on your first try. because I can assure you if you take the time to read it and understand where the new stuff appears then all will become clear.

My advice is read the book in its entirety

So I have not cheated anyone.. It has taken me many years, a lot of time and money has been spent to get to where I am now with it.

It will be a valuable acquisition to all those unbiased members of the ripper forums, and members of the public who are interested in the mystery.

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 11-02-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I clearly state that this is a revised edition, which contains new evidence and new facts and I have publicly stated what is now in the book. I have also stated that it contains material previously published which is true.

The new book was previously only available in kindle and i have now made it available in paperback for those who do not like kindle books.

The problem is as I see it is that you and others are only interested in some of the new stuff, which I accept, but there is no use in moaning when you cannot find what you are specifically interested in when you cant find it on your first try. because I can assure you if you take the time to read it and understand where the new stuff appears then all will become clear.

So I have not cheated anyone.. It has taken me many years, a lot of time and money has been spent to get to where I am now with it.

It will be a valuable acquisition to all those unbiased members of the ripper forums, and members of the public who are interested in the mystery.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        I know very well what you state and how clearly you state it, Trevor, which is why I dropped £10 to buy your book. More to the point, I have bought both previous editions and read them with great care and attention. I have no particular desire to read your book a third time. I have paid £10 specifically for what you describe as “new evidence” and “new facts” that help dispel “the myth”, and also describe as “new important aspects” (whatever that means). I have spent time going through the book in search of this exciting new material, but it isn't obvious and I want to know where I can find it. Why can’t or won’t you point me or others to that new information?

Yes, I and other people want to see the new information. What is strange about that? It shouldn’t pose a “problem” for anyone, should it Trevor? We’ve paid to see it. You have taken our money to see it. All you are being asked to do is to show us where it is.

Getting the new information isn’t a puzzle we have to solve, Trevor. We shouldn’t have to wade through you book a third time to stumble across it. I haven’t accused you of cheating anyone, Trevor. I’ve just asked for page numbers where I can find the new and important stuff I have just paid you £10 to read.

Comment

Well I certainly feel cheated out of my £5, Trevor. You advertised 'new facts' and information in the updated version of your book and listed them. One claim was a new possible identification of MJK. I have bought and read five of your books now, including previous editions of this particular book and as you say, I am only interested in what is new for this edition and I haven't found any 'new facts' at all. Your blurb is totally misleading and I have been conned in to parting with £5 on the strength of it.

Comment

how many of trevors ripper books are basically the same book but with just "new" material and updates added?
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Well I certainly feel cheated out of my £5, Trevor. You advertised 'new facts' and information in the updated version of your book and listed them. One claim was a new possible identification of MJK. I have bought and read five of your books now, including previous editions of this particular book and as you say, I am only interested in what is new for this edition and I haven't found any 'new facts' at all. Your blurb is totally misleading and I have been conned in to parting with £5 on the strength of it.
                              Let me put the record straight because I am fed up with some on here constantly whinging and whining.

What was posted in #1

A new suspect for the murder of Mary Kelly
                              A motive for the murder of Mary Kelly
                              A conspiracy to cover up the Mary Kelly murder
                              Mary Kelly finally identified?
                              The emergence of a new and never before seen photo of Mary Kelly
                              New evidence in the case against Walter Sickert
                              Mitre Square crime scene revisited with both new, and new medical evidence
                              The report of an alleged murder of an unknown female in Whitechapel at the time of the murders, and the conspiracy, and conspirators involved in the cover up of that murder.
                              New images not in the original kindle publication

Now everything related to the above and more are to be found in the book.

It is not for me to point out specifically where all of this can be found. It is for the reader to read the book and find out for themselves. If they dont want, to or cant be bothered then it is still for them to open their eyes and spend a few moments perusing the respective chapters where the new stuff can be found.

After all if you purchased a murder fiction book would you go straight to the last chapter to find out who the killer was?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                how many of trevors ripper books are basically the same book but with just "new" material and updates added?
                                What would you suggest I do post all the new stuff and updates on here fro free, and have the usual small minority of hatchet men and women rip it to pieces as I expect them to do. If they are going to do that then they might as well pay for the privilege to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X