X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Orsam
    replied
    Simon,

I haven't got round to buying the revised version of this book yet but, from the Amazon preview, I see that you have retained these two sentences in your book:

“Jarvis should have been accompanied on this trip by the one person able to positively identify Barton. However, Edward Plant appears to have been co-opted by the Pinkertons, who also had no idea what Barton looked like.”

In respect of the second part of latter sentence, I'm intrigued as to why you have kept something in your book which is so blatantly untrue.

Leave a comment:

• Phil Carter
    replied
    Excellent Simon! Well done!

Kindest regards

Phil

Leave a comment:

• MysterySinger
    replied
    Seems good - the original was a good read.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi Steve,

The newly-indexed book contains a further 95 pages on subjects such as Kelly's funeral, the Jarvis libel case, Edward Stanley, the Mitre Square murder, events at Millers Court, the Chapman murder, a closer look at a couple of Ripperology's sacred texts [Anderson and Swanson] . . . and other things.

Regards,

Simon
    Thanks Simon.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for your kind words.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Steve,

The newly-indexed book contains a further 95 pages on subjects such as Kelly's funeral, the Jarvis libel case, Edward Stanley, the Mitre Square murder, events at Millers Court, the Chapman murder, a closer look at a couple of Ripperology's sacred texts [Anderson and Swanson] . . . and other things.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Hi All,

A new expanded edition of Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders will be available in the next few days.

[ATTACH]18085[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Simon
    I am thrilled to see this Simon, Ive always respected your perspectives and insights and its great to see many of them under one roof.

From a friend, and admirer, thanks Simon for your contributions.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Hi All,

A new expanded edition of Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders will be available in the next few days.

[ATTACH]18085[/ATTACH]

Regards,

Simon
    Simon

Can one ask what new areas or topics this covers.

I ask because there as been a recent tendency to reissue books with little or no added material. So best to know before we buy. (Not by you).

Steve
    Last edited by Elamarna; 06-14-2017, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    New Expanded Edition

Hi All,

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJ COVER.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	666997

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi Robert,

It's enough to make you cross-eyed.

I just tallied up the passengers on that page. The total is 45. I make it 17 women and 27 men. Total 44.

So you're right. The missing passenger must be a man.

Well spotted.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    You might have something there, Simon. But on the other hand, if you look at the totals at the foot of the page, they seem to mean 45 passengers, with 17 females and 28 males. The 28th male must come from the torn portion. If the missing passenger was a woman, then you'd expect to see 27 males and 18 females.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi All,

Passengers 17 and 18 were men [m]. Passenger 20 was a man [m].

If passenger 19 had also been a man, passenger 20 would have had a ditto mark in the fourth column "Sex."

The missing Passenger 19 was a woman.

Regards,

Simon

Click image for larger version

Name:	ELBE.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	666756

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Yes the age thing is a problem. Too much to believe that he was the same age as Carter and got a ditto there too.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    Thanks David.

Leave a comment:

• David Orsam
    replied
    As you were having trouble, I've attached the bottom half of the first page (first 5 columns) so that people can see what we are talking about.

This is a photograph of the screen rather than a download
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X