jack the ripper end of a legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jack the ripper end of a legend

i wonder if anyone has read this book ... if its been covered before then apoligies im new here
    i
    " a strange thing is the soul on the earth" (g/trakl)

Calum Reuben Knight, Jack the Ripper: End of a Legend. London: Athena Press, 2005. ISBN: 1-84401-484-3 (paperback)

Yes, I've read it. It's another of those theories based on hidden messages and anagrams. Through a convoluted exercise in reasoning, Knight comes to the conclusion that JtR was actually a trio composed of George Hutchinson, Joseph Barnett, and Mary Jane Kelly. To bolster his case, he includes data from censuses, death records, etc. which, in the end, provide nothing in the nature of proof.

I thought that Knight spun a pretty good yarn and I enjoyed the book, particularly some of the rather good photographs of local landmarks. But can it be taken as anything other than historical fiction? Nope.

Comment

Hi

Yes, I've read it and it is the worst book I've ever read not to mention that there was already a fiction novel that argued the same points. I wonder if he plagiarized from the novel since he didn't use any real ripper books

Comment

He he, this is under Non-Fiction

This book was up there with the Da-vinci Code, and Angels and Demons. A series of murders and an unlikely trio leaving hidden messages. Ron Howard must be salivating right now!!

I had to keep reading the blurb to ensure it was not fiction that I was reading, and although there is some good pictures, as a serious look at the case, it is highly comical!
        Regards Mike

Comment

This sounds like almost as much fun as Murder & Madness - sometimes the worst books with the most ludicrous theories can be a great read if you don't take them too seriously. As long as you get them cheap...

B.
          Bailey
          Wellington, New Zealand
          hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
          www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Working...
          X