JTR: The Definitive History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR: The Definitive History?

Just picked up 'Jack the Ripper: The Definitive History' by Paul Begg. It was the only book in my local library that didn't have the words 'SOLVED' or 'TRUE IDENTITY' on the front cover. Was wondering if it's a good introductory for Ripperologists?

Yes indeed mate...very good choice...you might also consider sometime getting hold of a copy of CSI Whitechapel and possibly the Philip Sugden book (Complete History of Jack the Ripper) too.

And later on if you're still committed, then you will certainly at some time or another, need a copy of The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook (Stewart Evans and Keth Skinner)

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
      Yes indeed mate...very good choice...you might also consider sometime getting hold of a copy of CSI Whitechapel and possibly the Philip Sugden book (Complete History of Jack the Ripper) too.

And later on if you're still committed, then you will certainly at some time or another, need a copy of The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook (Stewart Evans and Keth Skinner)

All the best

Dave
      Hi Dave,sugdens book is a truley excellent work which I think is a must for anyone interested in J.T.R.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

G'day Harry D

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Just picked up 'Jack the Ripper: The Definitive History' by Paul Begg. It was the only book in my local library that didn't have the words 'SOLVED' or 'TRUE IDENTITY' on the front cover. Was wondering if it's a good introductory for Ripperologists?
        My 2p worth

yes ... Yes ... YES

The others mentioned to and of course A to Z.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Of course. This is one of the best. Enjoy.

Once you read that, I highly recommend the Ultimate Jack the Ripper Companion by Evans and Skinner.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Glad to know I can still trust my instincts.

Comment

Hi Barnaby

Once you read that, I highly recommend the Ultimate Jack the Ripper Companion by Evans and Skinner.
              I believe that's the US title for the Ultimate Jack the Ripper Sourcebook

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X