Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thames Torso Murders Fact or Fiction? by Suzanne Huntington

Hello,

My new book 'The Thames Torso Murders Fact or Fiction?' is due to be published shortly. I've posted links below to the page and website which will update everyone on the publication progress. Please feel free to follow.

If you’re not familiar with the cases, a simple google of the phrase ‘Thames Torso Murders’ brings up a whole host of information and media, all of which vary considerably in their understanding and description of the subject matter. Many believe four cases of adult female dismemberment which occurred in London between 1887 and 1889 are the ‘Thames Torso Murders’ and that these cases are linked, resulting in a competing serial killer to the infamous Whitechapel murders of 1888. But there are others who see a case in Battersea in 1873, another in Tottenham Court Road in 1884 and in Salamanca Place in 1902 (amongst others) as also being linked and others still who believe the torso cases and the crimes of Jack the Ripper to be one and the same. Another school of thought posits that the death of Elizabeth Jackson in 1889 was the result of a poorly attempted abortion and wasn’t, in fact, a murder at all. The book aims to strip the subject right back to its core and investigates twelve cases of adult female dismemberment which occurred in London between 1873 and 1902. Is there evidence to suggest another serial killer was stalking the streets of London over a near thirty-year period or are the deaths stand alone killings or accidents? Hopefully my book will go someway to clarifying this question for you.

The highly anticipated investigation by Suzanne Huntington into the Thames Torso murders which occurred in London between 1873 and 1902.

Having read the early drafts of this work, I can whole heartedly recommend this, the level of research involved is astounding

steve

Comment

This is going to be epic; can't wait to read this!

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Awesome news, good luck with it Suzie...

Comment

The question is now which will be out first…The Thames Torso Murders: Fact or Fiction by Suzie or Arm of Eve: Investigating the Thames Torso Killer by Sarah Bax Horton which is out on October 7th?

I wonder how certain people will use these books to do a bit of Cross-based shoehorning?
          Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 09-16-2024, 09:01 AM.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            The question is now which will be out first…The Thames Torso Murders: Fact or Fiction by Suzie or Arm of Eve: Investigating the Thames Torso Killer by Sarah Bax Horton which is out on October 7th?

I wonder how certain people will use these books to do a bit of Cross-based shoehorning?
            Sarah's book will be the first. I'm looking forward to it, but it's a suspect driven centering on the four 1887 - 1889 cases and the 1902 Salamanca Place case with James Crick as the perpetrator. So whilst the subject matter is the same, the approach and emphasis is entirely different. Crick incidentally is IMO a decent suspect for some of the cases...

Comment

Originally posted by New Ford Shunt View Post

Sarah's book will be the first. I'm looking forward to it, but it's a suspect driven centering on the four 1887 - 1889 cases and the 1902 Salamanca Place case with James Crick as the perpetrator. So whilst the subject matter is the same, the approach and emphasis is entirely different. Crick incidentally is IMO a decent suspect for some of the cases...
              Thanks for that Suzie. It’s not very often these days that I can actually look forward to a new book on a subject of interest…and here we have two. (Three if I include the new A-Z when it arrives)
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
              X