Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    G'Day Ginger

Thank you so much I thought I had to use the Bride's iPad, to read her books. I learn so much here and not just about Jacky.
    You're most welcome - glad to help!
    - Ginger

Comment

• Thankyou everyone.

I downloaded the Amazon.ca app for the ipad and used my own Username/Password to my Amazon.com account, hey presto - success.

Regardless, I have still ordered the book version. Amazon.ca only offers the Kindle, whereas Amazon.com offered both the book & Kindle.

At least I can now read my existing Kindle books in comfort...
      I just have to sneak the ipad from the Boss.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• G'Day Jon

Don't sneak it just slap her around a bit and take it be a man.

There's only one thing stops me hitting my wife, FEAR.

G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GUT;287976]G'Day Jon

Thanks Tom, I prefer the book option, the dinosaur that I am...../QUOTE]

Agree 1000%, not agreeing that your a dinosaur, never, but I'll take the book every time, the only benefit of on computer, iPad, Kindle etc is searching and being able to access out of print books, but Tom's deal on the Kindle version when you buy the book means I'll end up with both.
          I will be getting both, I have the Kindle version now and will end up with the paperback to. The main advantage of the Kindle version, is you can adjust the font and the backlighting, making reading much easier for older eyes.

PS the book is engrossing, I have been reading most of today.

Comment

• Hey Tom,

Do you know that your book has an option of borrowing for free on Amazon Prime? I just did this. I feel really bad. I will buy it. Promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              Thankyou everyone.

I downloaded the Amazon.ca app for the ipad and used my own Username/Password to my Amazon.com account, hey presto - success.

Regardless, I have still ordered the book version. Amazon.ca only offers the Kindle, whereas Amazon.com offered both the book & Kindle.

At least I can now read my existing Kindle books in comfort...
              I'll be darned, you're right. I don't know why the paperback isn't on amazon.ca.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                Hey Tom,

Do you know that your book has an option of borrowing for free on Amazon Prime? I just did this. I feel really bad. I will buy it. Promise.
                Yes, I agreed for it to be borrowed free on Prime. The first so many pages are also free for anyone to read on Amazon, and once purchased it can be 'lent' to anyone for two weeks.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sunbury;287989]
                  Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  G'Day Jon

I will be getting both, I have the Kindle version now and will end up with the paperback to. The main advantage of the Kindle version, is you can adjust the font and the backlighting, making reading much easier for older eyes.

PS the book is engrossing, I have been reading most of today.
                  Thanks, Sunbury!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Just bought and downloaded the Kindle edition. Looking forward to reading it!
                    Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post
                      Just bought and downloaded the Kindle edition. Looking forward to reading it!
                      Thanks Mr. Bond! I hope you do indeed enjoy it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                        Thanks Mr. Bond! I hope you do indeed enjoy it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        I'm 35% through the book and I'm absolutely captivated. Love your writing style and your analysis.
                        Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post
                          I'm 35% through the book and I'm absolutely captivated. Love your writing style and your analysis.
                          Thanks a million, OO7. Don't forge to say as much on Amazon! Page rankings for books are determined as much by positive reviews as they are by sales. And once you and a few other folks are finished with it, I hope we can discuss some of the pertinent points in there.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                            Thanks a million, OO7. Don't forge to say as much on Amazon! Page rankings for books are determined as much by positive reviews as they are by sales. And once you and a few other folks are finished with it, I hope we can discuss some of the pertinent points in there.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            I posted a review on Amazon Tom.

kind regards

Graeme

Comment

• Just downloaded my copy

Looking forward to reading over the upcoming bank holiday. Bit busy until then.

Comment

• G'Day Tom

Just went to order it, not available in Australia, . From US more for postage than the cost of the book, so now I've got to re-think, Kindle or NOT and I hate Kindle??
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X