Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
    I'm dependent on my Kindle. Is the problem that bad, or are you just being a perfectionist? Because if it's minor I will purchase it now! Maybe it will become a rare first edition.
    Hi Barnaby, it's pretty bad. I'd definitely wait.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I just uploaded a new Kindle version. It should be ready in the next 12 hours. All the references are clickable, so if you click reference number 12 (for instance) it will take you to the back of the book to see the notes. Then, you click the 12 in the notes and it will return you to your place in the book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Kindle and paperback ready to order

Both the Kindle and paperback editions are now ready to order.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Which is fact and which is fiction?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
            Which is fact and which is fiction?
            The byline is completely factual. My name really is Tom Wescott. As for everything after the byline...

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

G'Day Tom

My name really is Tom Wescott.
              And you expect us to believe that ... ...
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                G'Day Tom

And you expect us to believe that ... ...
                You caught me...it's really Thomas.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I thought as much. So why should I believe anything else you say Huh?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Ordered and awaiting delivery

All the best

Dave

Comment

I bought it last night (Kindle), and read about a third of it before finally going to bed. So far I'm very impressed.
                      - Ginger

Comment

Thanks guys! I'd appreciate if you all would take the time to write review on Amazon once you've finished the book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Congratulations Tom,

I downloaded the sample version from Amazon last week, complete with badly formatted Contents, and will be buying it when I've finished reading a couple of books I currently have on the go.
                          These are not clues, Fred.
                          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                          We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                            Congratulations Tom,

I downloaded the sample version from Amazon last week, complete with badly formatted Contents, and will be buying it when I've finished reading a couple of books I currently have on the go.
                            Thanks, Ozzy. Yes, stupid me uploaded it to kindle with page numbers! That's all fixed now so when you do purchase it you won't have those problems. Like I said before, this has been quite a learning experience on many fronts. But a wonderful experience altogether.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The paperback version is 214 pages, the Kindle is 260 pages.
                              The content is identical though, right? This is just a formatting difference?

Does the book contain photo's?, I only ask because I've been warned that Kindle do not always include photo's.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                                The paperback version is 214 pages, the Kindle is 260 pages.
                                The content is identical though, right? This is just a formatting difference?

Does the book contain photo's?, I only ask because I've been warned that Kindle do not always include photo's.
                                How the Kindle thing works is you enter the number of pages of your book and it spits out some number. Then, that number is translated into a page count. Kindle pages are shorter than paperback pages, so that's why the different page count. They came up with 260 pages, not me. They're exactly the same book.

I didn't include any photos because it would have driven the cost of the book up and since I didn't possess any photos or images not already familiar (or easily discoverable) to most people who'd buy this book, I didn't see the point.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X