Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bank Holiday Murders by Tom Wescott (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom,

Can I pre-order your book? I can't seem to find it on Amazon.

MrB

Comment

I see you have something about the "True Provenance of the Eddowes Shawl". Any chance you can give a preview on what that is all about?

Rob H

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
        If you've an android tablet, you can get emulators for both Nook and Kindle. I've got both, and frankly, beyond poking at it a bit to see what it would do, I've never used the Nook. B&N got to the party way late, with what amounted to a kludged version of a Kindle. Their application and book selection has never caught up, so they finally resorted to trying to make it into a social-networking experience, with add-ons that allow your friends to see what book you're reading. I keep expecting it to die out altogether, but B&N keeps shoveling more money down the hole, and shorting their brick and mortar business to finance a battle that they're not going to win. It's really a pity, because there was a time, not that long ago, when B&N was my first resource for books.
        Can the kindle emulator do old style kindle - no backlight?
        If the backlight is no problem great. It gives me sore eyes after a couple of hours. The kindles without a backlight also last much longer when it comes to power and charging. Once the page is generated on a kindle no power is drawn until the next page turn.

I know what Ally means about the kindle's page size. It can get a little annoying to flip a page so often. If you knew what I was like when it comes to computer security and giving money to big corporations you'd be surprised to hear I have a kindle at all. But it does show exactly how much better I thought the kindle was at the time. That was about 3 years ago. I don't even have anything like a mobile phone or a tablet.
        These are not clues, Fred.
        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
        We will not.

Comment

G'Day Tom

Checked out your web page and trailer, looks good. I don't use facebook or twitter so can't comment on those.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
            I see you have something about the "True Provenance of the Eddowes Shawl". Any chance you can give a preview on what that is all about?

Rob H
            Hi Rob. It's one of the appendices and there's a question mark at the end of that title. It's pure speculation on my part that the Eddowes shawl was actually the Emma Smith shawl, which is the only known bloody shawl in the entire crime series.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
              Tom,

Can I pre-order your book? I can't seem to find it on Amazon.

MrB
              Hi Mr. B. I'm publishing through Createspace and unfortunately they don't let you do pre-orders. It won't be up until it's ready to buy and that'll be some time in February. But thanks for asking this because I should have thought to mention it.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Getting REALLY CLOSE on finalizing a new cover for the book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Best of luck with it Tom , looking forward to giving it a read

moonbegger

Comment

Hi Tom,
                    Any update on when the book will be available? I'm getting antsy.

Comment

Hi Barnaby, thanks for that. Been working out kinks with the cover. Turns out that what looks great in pdf sometimes comes out way too dark in the printing. However, I'm receiving my new proof copy tomorrow and am crossing my fingers it looks okay. If it does, I should have the book ready for printing and Kindle within a week or so. My plan was to have it come out in February and God willing it still will. Thanks for your interest.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Book Update: Publishing very soon

I received my final proof copy today and am pleased so the book should be published very, very soon in paperback and Kindle. Going through this process just today I'm pleased to learn it should be available on all or almost all the different Amazon sites, like au, ca, India, etc.

I've enrolled the book in the Kindle Matchbook program, so any of you buying the paperback copy will be able to, now or at any time in the future, purchase the book on Kindle for a discounted price of $2.99 (or the equivalent in your country).

Because at this moment the book is only available through Amazon I do not intend to sell any signed copies direct. Exceptions for collectors may likely be made in the future.

Because Amazon rankings are largely dependent upon reviews on the various Amazon sites - both volume of reviews and positive rankings - I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone who doesn't absolutely hate the book would take the time to leave a review. If you do hate the book you're of course welcome to take me to task here on this thread or via e-mail.

I've learned quite a lot about publishing these last few months so anyone with an eye to doing something similar is welcome to hit me up with questions.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The paperback is ready for purchase now BUT DO NOT BUY THE KINDLE. There are some formatting problems I need to work out an unfortunately I cannot take the book down while I'm waiting. I'll post here the moment the corrected version is available. But the paperback is good to go!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

G'Day Tom

Good luck I'll be ordering mine.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              G'Day Tom

Good luck I'll be ordering mine.
                              Thanks, Gut. I look forward to your feedback.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I'm dependent on my Kindle. Is the problem that bad, or are you just being a perfectionist? Because if it's minor I will purchase it now! Maybe it will become a rare first edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X