Best suspect book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael

Toms comments are essentially about the probability of me buying a suspect based book at this point in time...I assume. I admit they are slim indeed.
    And yet this is the book that even Tom admits is a suspect book that somehow isn't a suspect book, because it accurately portrays, in fascinating detail, every aspect of a known killers life, without actually actively promoting him as a JtR suspect.

In fact, not only is his candidacy not promoted, but rather than simply leaving one in limbo, Helena actually itemises her reasons for concluding that Chapman WASN'T the Whitechapel killer. In terms of suspect Ripperology this is pretty well unique...

As a killer of the same general era, Chapman is of course fascinating in his own right. This book ably dispels all the myths and outright lies about the man, his women, and the murders...Isn't it worth buying on this account at least? Surely that many five star ratings can't altogether be wrong?

All the very best

Dave

Comment

Thank you Dave for your faithful representation of what my book is about.

I feel I have done exactly the sort of thing that Michael respects - by examining and exposing the myths perpetrated about Chapman, I have helped towards eliminating him from the suspect list.

(I had to have a few more hardbacks printed to replace the ones that the Royal Mail lost in the post last month ... and I had to print a minimum of ten, so I actually have half a dozen left over, so, if anyone wants to buy one...)

Helena
      Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
      X