Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper - Die Whitechapel-Morde 1888: Eine Chronologie (German)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper - Die Whitechapel-Morde 1888: Eine Chronologie (German)

Hello group,

I may be familiar to some of you, but for all of those who don't know me, my name is Philipp Röttgers, I am a writer and musician from Germany - and of course a Ripperologist.​

A short introduction:
    I am in constant search for London’s spirit. Becoming a Ripperologist was my entrance ticket into London history and psychogeography. I feels deeply connected to London and the power emanating from this place.

On my journey, I published several books, articles and essays, walked the city alone and as a tour guide, and in a series of interview I converse with authors, musicians, tour guides, historians, curators, entertainers and time travellers who all feel a deep connection to the city and are inspired by it.

Now, together with Dorothee Schröder, I published a German book on the Ripper murders called »Jack the Ripper – Die Whitechapel-Morde 1888: Eine Chronologie«.

It is a detailed account of the 'autumn of terror' for the German market - for all the German Ripperologists out there (if there are any - hopefully there will be some more after reading the book )

If you are interested, you can purchase it for example via Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/Jack-Ripper-Whitechapel-Morde-1888-Chronologie/dp/3757923294/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=9783757923297&linkCode=qs&qid= 1686396539&s=books&sr=1-1

Click image for larger version

Name:	71vxRDGOspL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	812604

If you have any questions about the book or my work, feel free to ask me.

Cheers,
    Phil

Hello Philipp, welcome to the boards. Good luck with your book.
    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Hi Phillip,

I welcome a fellow prog rock fan to Casebook. I listened to the Pariahlord album last night. Excellent stuff.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by drummerphil View Post
        Hello group,

I may be familiar to some of you, but for all of those who don't know me, my name is Philipp Röttgers, I am a writer and musician from Germany - and of course a Ripperologist.​

A short introduction:
        I am in constant search for London’s spirit. Becoming a Ripperologist was my entrance ticket into London history and psychogeography. I feels deeply connected to London and the power emanating from this place.

On my journey, I published several books, articles and essays, walked the city alone and as a tour guide, and in a series of interview I converse with authors, musicians, tour guides, historians, curators, entertainers and time travellers who all feel a deep connection to the city and are inspired by it.

Now, together with Dorothee Schröder, I published a German book on the Ripper murders called »Jack the Ripper – Die Whitechapel-Morde 1888: Eine Chronologie«.

It is a detailed account of the 'autumn of terror' for the German market - for all the German Ripperologists out there (if there are any - hopefully there will be some more after reading the book )

If you are interested, you can purchase it for example via Amazon:

https://www.amazon.de/Jack-Ripper-Whitechapel-Morde-1888-Chronologie/dp/3757923294/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=9783757923297&linkCode=qs&qid= 1686396539&s=books&sr=1-1

Click image for larger version

Name:	71vxRDGOspL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	812604

If you have any questions about the book or my work, feel free to ask me.

Cheers,
        Phil
        Hi Phil
        Does your book have any references to Carl Feigenbaum?

Comment

Hi Philipp,

Congratulations on your talk at the conference last year!

I really enjoyed it.

My German is a little rusty these days, but I'll certainly give your book a go.

It will hopefully refresh my memory!

Comment

Thanks everybody!

I am on holiday now until mid-July, so I won't be able to respond right away.

Herlock, thanks a lot, I am happy you enjoyed the album (especially if that comes from another prog-head).

Trevor, Carl Feigenbaum is not part of the book. It's basically a 'The Facts' book about the case for the German market without a long list of potential suspects. Although there is an interest in the case here, there is very little literature about it. We have some fiction and translations of books like Patricia Cornwell's and Hallie Rubenhold's. I wanted to fill that gap with a book in German that does not lean into a certain direction or interprets the facts in a certain way.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerphil View Post
              Thanks everybody!

I am on holiday now until mid-July, so I won't be able to respond right away.

Herlock, thanks a lot, I am happy you enjoyed the album (especially if that comes from another prog-head).

Trevor, Carl Feigenbaum is not part of the book. It's basically a 'The Facts' book about the case for the German market without a long list of potential suspects. Although there is an interest in the case here, there is very little literature about it. We have some fiction and translations of books like Patricia Cornwell's and Hallie Rubenhold's. I wanted to fill that gap with a book in German that does not lean into a certain direction or interprets the facts in a certain way.
              Thanks for your reply

Comment

Working...
              X