Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Classic 70s book

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Classic 70s book

    Like new copy of Dons book !! Love these classic books not bad for 4

  • #2
    It’s great when you find these bargains. I have that one. A classic
    Regards

    Sir Herlock Sholmes



    “Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason – they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple about their wingnut delusions.”

    “If you argue with a madman, it is extremely probable that you will get the worst of it; for in many ways his mind moves all the quicker for not being delayed by the things that go with good judgment.”

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      It’s great when you find these bargains. I have that one. A classic
      Indeed H absolutely a classic! And in such incredible nick too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Christian View Post
        Like new copy of Dons book !! Love these classic books not bad for 4
        Yep, I've got it too.
        I bought it new and it's still in pristine condition.
        No notes in the margin at all.
        Does that lessen it's value?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure the cover does it justice though! So 1970s!
          Best Regards,

          Tristan

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

            Yep, I've got it too.
            I bought it new and it's still in pristine condition.
            No notes in the margin at all.
            Does that lessen it's value?
            Doubt notes affect the value

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
              Not sure the cover does it justice though! So 1970s!
              It is so 1970s love the 60s&70s artwork covers!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Christian View Post

                Doubt notes affect the value
                I see what you did there!

                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

                Comment


                • #9
                  One thing Rumbelow brought to our attention in his book was the so-called Stroud knife, given to Rumbelow by Dorothy Stroud. Dorothy got it from Sporting Life Editor Hugh Pollard in 1937, [who may have got it at the time of the murders from MET Inspector Stroud (Dorothy's Grandfather?) - my speculation]. Rumbelow says in his book that "there is strong evidence that this contemporary post mortem knife may have belonged to Jack the Ripper."

                  This may have been the same knife spotted by Thomas Coram and picked up by PC Drage on October 1, 1888 the day after the double event (my speculation, not Rumbelow's). The so-called Coram knife was described as a slicing knife that came from a chandler's shop. Doctors thought it was capable of making incisions in the neck, but unlikely to have been used for other wounds.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                    One thing Rumbelow brought to our attention in his book was the so-called Stroud knife, given to Rumbelow by Dorothy Stroud. Dorothy got it from Sporting Life Editor Hugh Pollard in 1937, [who may have got it at the time of the murders from MET Inspector Stroud (Dorothy's Grandfather?) - my speculation]. Rumbelow says in his book that "there is strong evidence that this contemporary post mortem knife may have belonged to Jack the Ripper."

                    This may have been the same knife spotted by Thomas Coram and picked up by PC Drage on October 1, 1888 the day after the double event (my speculation, not Rumbelow's). The so-called Coram knife was described as a slicing knife that came from a chandler's shop. Doctors thought it was capable of making incisions in the neck, but unlikely to have been used for other wounds.
                    Interesting point Scott!! Don has done so much in the field the stuff he has saved-found-discoveries mans a legend and a stand up guy!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X