New suspect book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New suspect book

Hi, I would like to announce the publication of my new book JACK THE RIPPER: SUSPECTS by C.J. Morley – published 9 August 2021. This new edition supersedes the JTR Suspects published in two volumes November 2020, which is reviewed by Paul Begg in the current edition of Ripperologist magazine #169 August. A brief backstory – on the submission to Amazon of my original JTR Suspects back in Nov 2020, I discovered that the manuscript exceeded the page count stipulated by Amazon. I therefore had to make a hasty decision to split the book into two volumes to fall within the page count, something which was never my intention. This decision I was never happy with, and therefore, the two volumes have now been replaced by this new edition which includes additional research, info + over 450 biographies on individuals who have been suspected or named as Jack The Ripper at one time or another. This book represents the definitive suspect guide. Paperback : 702 pages - available now exclusively on Amazon book store in all territories. Thank you.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09C1GMDZD?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

It certainly got an excellent review. The Amazon link hasn’t worked btw.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      It certainly got an excellent review. The Amazon link hasn’t worked btw.
      Hi Herlock,

Must be gremlins in your PC. The link worked for me. Or maybe it has been fixed in the meantime.

Cheers, George
      They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
      Out of a misty dream
      Our path emerges for a while, then closes
      Within a dream.
      Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Unfortunately, it's currently not available on Amazon.
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

It works for me . Free delivery Saturday if ordered today . But I do have Amazon prime [ if that makes a difference ]
          Regards Darryl

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
            Unfortunately, it's currently not available on Amazon.
            Well it’s ok for George and Daryl, but not for us Dusty.

I sense a conspiracy
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

We've been ripped off!
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by cjmorley View Post
                Hi, I would like to announce the publication of my new book JACK THE RIPPER: SUSPECTS by C.J. Morley – published 9 August 2021. This new edition supersedes the JTR Suspects published in two volumes November 2020, which is reviewed by Paul Begg in the current edition of Ripperologist magazine #169 August. A brief backstory – on the submission to Amazon of my original JTR Suspects back in Nov 2020, I discovered that the manuscript exceeded the page count stipulated by Amazon. I therefore had to make a hasty decision to split the book into two volumes to fall within the page count, something which was never my intention. This decision I was never happy with, and therefore, the two volumes have now been replaced by this new edition which includes additional research, info + over 450 biographies on individuals who have been suspected or named as Jack The Ripper at one time or another. This book represents the definitive suspect guide. Paperback : 702 pages - available now exclusively on Amazon book store in all territories. Thank you.
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09C1GMDZD?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860
                congrats CJ!
                how many pages are both volumes combined? And did you rank or rate the suspects which you found more likely?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

congrats CJ!
                  how many pages are both volumes combined? And did you rank or rate the suspects which you found more likely?
                  Abby, according to Amazon (see attached link) the book is 702 pages, so I suppose that at the price of £16.99, it represents excellent value.

Comment

Shall hunt a copy down thanks for tip off

Comment

Sounds like a top book. Has anything been lost from the new version in order to squash it down into one volume?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

congrats CJ!
                        Hi Abby,

I have the 2020 version (in two separate editions).

The books are huge and contain information on loads of suspects.

Many of them I had never heard of, but all the classics are in there too.

In the 2020 version the suspects aren't ranked or rated.

They are arranged alphabetically, with greater space devoted to the more popular suspects.

I frequently forget who's who among the more obscure suspects, so I find it quite a handy reference!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Hi Abby,

I have the 2020 version (in two separate editions).

The books are huge and contain information on loads of suspects.

Many of them I had never heard of, but all the classics are in there too.

In the 2020 version the suspects aren't ranked or rated.

They are arranged alphabetically, with greater space devoted to the more popular suspects.

I frequently forget who's who among the more obscure suspects, so I find it quite a handy reference!
                          thank you Dids and Barn! Ill have to check it out. I was always wondering if there was a comprehensive suspect book.

Comment

Hi, sorry I did not rely to any of the messages sooner, I have been having problems logging into casebook. Nothing has been lost in this version of the book, it is less pages then the previous work due to a change of the margins and font used. It has actually been expanded upon from the previous work, with more suspects, and even more information.

Comment

Working...
                            X