X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Excuse me?! Do you mean that post of you which is full of errors to the degree that one don't even know where to start?!

Please.... you can't be serious can you?!

The Baron
    You’re obviously confusing it with another post. I’ll stick to the facts….

I favour Druitt (of the named suspects) proposed by MacNaghten.

You favour Kosminski proposed by Anderson/Swanson.

Ok?

In the post I was talking about you dismissed and derided MacNaghten because he wasn’t a career Police Officer.

- So why doesn’t this apply to Anderson who also wasn’t a career police officer?

You also made an issue of MacNaghten’s errors (calling Druitt a Doctor and getting his age wrong)

- So why don’t Anderson’s errors count? Kosminski’s incarceration, his death and the fact that there’s no record of an ID taking place.

A different set of rules appear to exist when judging Anderson and MacNaghten.

So,

These are just 2 childishly obvious points where you demonstrate your bias. Every post that you make is just a silly, nonsensical attempt at mockery. I’ve given up even remotely expecting you to make a sensible, unbiased, well considered post. Stick to your silly comments about Druittist and Lechmerians.

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

No response to my post where I pointed out your blatant bias and nonsense I see?

Didn't think so.

Excuse me?! Do you mean that post of you which is full of errors to the degree that one don't even know where to start?!

Please.... you can't be serious can you?!

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by The Baron View Post

I feel what you mean

The Baron

No response to my post where I pointed out your blatant bias and nonsense I see?

Didn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• The Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by MrTwibbs View Post
    I decided to read Blood Harvest (release date 3rd oct 2020 on Amazon UK) but only managed to get up to Stride's murder before giving up with it. I was a little surprised at the content.

Lots of missing and inaccurate information
    PC Barrett's involvement is left out of Tabram murder
    States that Cross and Paul were walking together, crossing the road together to inspect what they believed was a tarpaulin. Describes them as being carters but later calls them porters.
    Author tells us that they tried to get the woman (polly nichols) to stand up. Apparently they then discover her throat was cut. Within minutes several police constables arrive at the scene.
    In all of this PC Mizen is never mentioned
    He spell's Dr Llewellyn's name incorrectly but that is easy enough to do but I would expect an author or editer/proof reader to check this first before publication.
    Describes 29 Hanbury Street as a garden. This could be forgiven because some newspapers called it that.
    Also claims that 29 Hanbury street was a lodging house. Which it wasn't.
    Talks a lot about "Emmanuel Violenia" but never mentions Elizabeth Long or Albert Cadosch. John Richardson is barely mentioned.
    According to the author, John Davis discovered the body by looking out the window. All the sources I have read state he had a cup of tea and went downstairs to the back yard where he found Chapman.
    One of the more stranger errors was claiming the writing was written above a sink in Goulston Street. I think the author may have confused Smith's claim of a bloody sink in Miller's Court with the graffito.

I think it is commendable that Mr Anderson has written a book and has been studying the case for 50 years. It cannot be easy but there's far too many errors in the first 60 pages for me to want to pursue it further.

I feel what you mean

The Baron

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by MrTwibbs View Post
    I decided to read Blood Harvest (release date 3rd oct 2020 on Amazon UK) but only managed to get up to Stride's murder before giving up with it. I was a little surprised at the content.

States that Cross and Paul were walking together, crossing the road together to inspect what they believed was a tarpaulin. Describes them as being carters but later calls them porters.
    Author tells us that they tried to get the woman (polly nichols) to stand up. Apparently they then discover her throat was cut. Within minutes several police constables arrive at the scene.
    He spell's Dr Llewellyn's name incorrectly but that is easy enough to do but I would expect an author or editer/proof reader to check this first before publication.
    Describes 29 Hanbury Street as a garden. This could be forgiven because some newspapers called it that.
    Talks a lot about "Emmanuel Violenia" but never mentions Elizabeth Long or Albert Cadosch. John Richardson is barely mentioned.
    According to the author, John Davis discovered the body by looking out the window. All the sources I have read state he had a cup of tea and went downstairs to the back yard where he found Chapman.
    One of the more stranger errors was claiming the writing was written above a sink in Goulston Street. I think the author may have confused Smith's claim of a bloody sink in Miller's Court with the graffito.

I think it is commendable that Mr Anderson has written a book and has been studying the case for 50 years. It cannot be easy but there's far too many errors in the first 60 pages for me to want to pursue it further.
    I hear ya Twibbs.
    Im the same way. if an author of the book apparently dosnt know enough about the case more than me-Im like whats the point? and when I see errors right off the bat, it makes me lose trust in anything the author has to say. It happened when I tried to read cornwalls book on sickert. i was hoping for some serious research, but when she was asserting near the beginning of the book that most of the ripper letters were written by Sickert I had to stop right there.

Leave a comment:

• MrTwibbs
    replied

Last edited by MrTwibbs; 09-27-2021, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I just checked the members list and assuming that he’s the ‘David Anderson’ that’s listed there he last visited in June of this year.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

No photo's in the Kindle.

David Anderson came on Casebook a few times some years ago, I remember quite a few debates with him.
    Cheers Wick. I wasn’t sure?

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied

You got a mention too of course Paul. Then again, there aren’t many that you dont

As I don’t have my pad I can’t recall if the kindle version had any photos? This hard copy version doesn’t.

I thought it it was a very good book. I don’t know if Anderson wrote anything else? I know that you knew him Paul. I remember seeing that photograph with yourself, David, Tom Cullen and Simon enjoying a medicinal beverage.
    No photo's in the Kindle.

David Anderson came on Casebook a few times some years ago, I remember quite a few debates with him.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied

You got a mention too of course Paul. Then again, there aren’t many that you dont

As I don’t have my pad I can’t recall if the kindle version had any photos? This hard copy version doesn’t.

I thought it it was a very good book. I don’t know if Anderson wrote anything else? I know that you knew him Paul. I remember seeing that photograph with yourself, David, Tom Cullen and Simon enjoying a medicinal beverage.
    id buy it just for the title alone

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    A hard copy - softcover. but, as you say, very well worth the money.

Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 10-09-2020, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    A hard copy - softcover. but, as you say, very well worth the money.
    Last edited by PaulB; 10-09-2020, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    started a topic Blood Harvest

Blood Harvest

During a previous Druitt-related thread someone asked about David Anderson’s book on Druitt - Blood Harvest: My Hunt For Jack The Ripper. At the time it appeared impossible to obtain a copy and I had to settle for the kindle version. Whilst checking a price comparison site yesterday a found a hard copy version. The book has now been printed by Amazon (it said copyright 2020) and so is available to anyone interested. I look forward to re-reading it. I noticed a mention for Simon Wood in the acknowledgments. The book is only £7. Well worth it IMO.
Working...
X