I strongly recommend you to read Philip Sugden's book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I strongly recommend you to read Philip Sugden's book

"The complete history of Jack the Ripper" by Philip Sugden is a must-read.

It opened my eyes to the myths about JTR that I had previously believed.

It's packed with detail and is very factual, and a very interesting read. If you haven't read it I suggest you pick up a copy.

Hello The Typewriter (never thought I'd ever type that!)

Yes it's a classic - one that I have an especially soft place in my heart for...a couple of others you might want to try though...Paul Begg's "Jack the Ripper, The Truth"...also Stewart Evans and Donald Rumbelow, "Jack the Ripper, Scotland Yard Investigates"...both very sound, both "unpushy"

Many happy hours of reading!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
        Hello The Typewriter (never thought I'd ever type that!)

Yes it's a classic - one that I have an especially soft place in my heart for...a couple of others you might want to try though...Paul Begg's "Jack the Ripper, The Truth"...also Stewart Evans and Donald Rumbelow, "Jack the Ripper, Scotland Yard Investigates"...both very sound, both "unpushy"

Many happy hours of reading!

All the best

Dave
        Totally agree. Except the Begg book is called "Jack the Ripper: The Facts" at least in the UK.

Best wishes,
        Steve.

Comment

You're quite right Steve...how on earth did I get that one wrong?

All the best

Dave

Comment

You're quite right Steve...how on earth did I get that one wrong?

All the best

Dave
            I't easily done, Dave. How about collaborrating on one called, "Jack the Ripper: The Bloody Final Chapter Solution of the Complete True A-Z of the Ultimate Facts"?

Best wishes,
            Steve.

Comment

Jack the Ripper: The Bloody Final Chapter Solution of the Complete True Facts

Didn't I already read that one last weekend after an overdose of a well-known hibernian stimulant?

Dave

Comment

Didn't I already read that one last weekend after an overdose of a well-known hibernian stimulant?

Dave
                Oh yeah. It's already been done. Balls!

Comment

The book came in the mail today. Was it written as a dollhouse book? Wow, how tiny! Umm that is The Life and Times of Jack the Ripper, Philip Sugden, Paragon Books, 1996. Just the facts, indeed!
                  Last edited by RavenDarkendale; 09-15-2012, 08:45 PM.
                  And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

I'm afraid that's a different book Raven...I suspect you wanted "The Complete History of Jack the Ripper"...On this site under Ripper Media there is a very good selection of book reviews which (although I think it's not fully up to date) might be useful!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Yes, the 1996 piece is just a summary essay.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

I'm afraid that's a different book Raven...I suspect you wanted "The Complete History of Jack the Ripper"...On this site under Ripper Media there is a very good selection of book reviews which (although I think it's not fully up to date) might be useful!

All the best

Dave
                        I need to start reading book descriptions when I order from used bookstores. The book you mention is, indeed, what I had in mind, what I received makes a good conversation piece, has a summary account of victims and suspects, so not a total loss. Ah, well, back to the bookstores!
                        And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Working...
                        X