Untold by Morgan And Jukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untold by Morgan And Jukes

I may be experiencing a run of good fortune in finding cheap but good books. A couple of weeks ago I got a great new book providing a completely different viewpoint of the Tate/La Bianca murders (more details in the Rutger Hauer thread) This week I spotted a book called Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder Exposed by Alastair Morgan (the brother of the murdered man) and Peter Jukes. In large print on the back cover it says: The most investigated murder in British history. Yet 30 years on the case remains unsolved. WHY?

To be honest I hadn't heard of this case before. It certainly starts of well. A private investigator is killed by a hatchet in a car park behind a pub. We already have suspicions about his business partner and possibly bent police officers. Interestingly in the photograph section there are photographs of Andy Coulson and Rebecca Brooks so a Press connection must be in there somewhere. I have high hopes for this one. Has anyone else read it?

Im afraid that the really good news is only for UK posters. I got my copy from Poundland! First time I’ve ever seen a book in there worth buying. Definitely worth a pop for a quid.

If you’re reading this Barn, get down to your local Poundland.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Never heard of this one, HS. I had a quick check on the net, though - police corruption, nothing new there, then! I wouldn't say that this is the 'most investigated murder in British history', though. The list of unsolved British murders is long, in fact very long; two that I'm very interested in is the murder of Janice Weston in 1983, and that of Nicola Payne in 1991. Both murders attracted massive efforts by the police, but no result. The disappearance and presumed murder of Suzy Lamplugh is, I would think, about the most investigated murder in the last 30-odd years.

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
      Never heard of this one, HS. I had a quick check on the net, though - police corruption, nothing new there, then! I wouldn't say that this is the 'most investigated murder in British history', though. The list of unsolved British murders is long, in fact very long; two that I'm very interested in is the murder of Janice Weston in 1983, and that of Nicola Payne in 1991. Both murders attracted massive efforts by the police, but no result. The disappearance and presumed murder of Suzy Lamplugh is, I would think, about the most investigated murder in the last 30-odd years.

Graham
      I was surprised at that comment too Graham. I would claim to be anything like a true crime expert but I’d have expected to have heard of a murder described in those terms. There’s also a website dedicated to the crime with podcasts although I haven’t looked into it. I’m only 75 pages in but it’s interesting so far. I’ll be interested in the newspaper angle though. A few theories are being bandied about at this stage but the only thing that seems certain is that there’s police corruption there. Definitely worth a quid though.

Talking of Suzy Lamplugh, did anything come of the recent police dig? I’m not a regular watcher of the news or much of a newspaper reader these days but is the search ongoing? They couldn’t have found anything or even I would have heard of it?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Just googled it. The search was called off with no result.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
        X