Anyone seen Ross Strachan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen Ross Strachan ?

Not seen or heard from Ross since late 90s anyone have contact or info please
    cheers cw
    Attached Files

I used to talk to Ross fairly regularly but not for years. I heard that he’d just lost interest in all things Jack the Ripper. I recall that he had two other loves...Punk Rock and Kilmarnock FC. Nice guy, very knowledgable on Ripper books. I’ve got 2 copies of his guide for some reason. The last time that I spoke to him he’d had bit of luck which involved buying a box of books cheaply which contained a William Stewart which he sold to someone in the USA for a hefty sum.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      I used to talk to Ross fairly regularly but not for years. I heard that he’d just lost interest in all things Jack the Ripper. I recall that he had two other loves...Punk Rock and Kilmarnock FC. Nice guy, very knowledgable on Ripper books. I’ve got 2 copies of his guide for some reason. The last time that I spoke to him he’d had bit of luck which involved buying a box of books cheaply which contained a William Stewart which he sold to someone in the USA for a hefty sum.
      Agree top guy Sherlock we live in hope

Comment

hello guys,
        someone mentioned this thread to me so i thought i would register and say hello.
        yes i am 100% fully retired from all things jack the ripper.it must be coming up for 20 years since i sold my collection of books and ephemera and sorry to say i no longer follow the case or the literature any longer.
        the only book i own is the brilliant "jack the ripper:the definitive casebook" by richard whittington egan,a truely great work on the case.
        since i published my handbook i'm certain a mass of material has been unearthed and published and maybe someone has or is working on an updated bibliography.
        i did sell a william stewart a long time ago but i paid a few pounds for it also.
        the highlight of my collection was a book by susan mylechreest called the whitechapel murders published in the 70's which i believe had an incredibly small print run.i did not even include it in my bibliography as i was not even sure it was released to the general public and was possibly given to friends and family but my memory is hazy. i think i passed it on to a ripper author and collector.
        no plans to dip my toe into this field again,i kind of look at it as rightly or wrongly "been there done that"
        i met so many great people through the subject,but its all in the past.
        however some things never change and my love of kilmarnock fc and 70's punk band the sex pistols will never cease.
        all the best to everyone still interested in jack.
        cheers
        ROSS S

Comment

Good to hear that your doing ok Ross.

All the best.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ross S View Post
            hello guys,
            someone mentioned this thread to me so i thought i would register and say hello.
            yes i am 100% fully retired from all things jack the ripper.it must be coming up for 20 years since i sold my collection of books and ephemera and sorry to say i no longer follow the case or the literature any longer.
            the only book i own is the brilliant "jack the ripper:the definitive casebook" by richard whittington egan,a truely great work on the case.
            since i published my handbook i'm certain a mass of material has been unearthed and published and maybe someone has or is working on an updated bibliography.
            i did sell a william stewart a long time ago but i paid a few pounds for it also.
            the highlight of my collection was a book by susan mylechreest called the whitechapel murders published in the 70's which i believe had an incredibly small print run.i did not even include it in my bibliography as i was not even sure it was released to the general public and was possibly given to friends and family but my memory is hazy. i think i passed it on to a ripper author and collector.
            no plans to dip my toe into this field again,i kind of look at it as rightly or wrongly "been there done that"
            i met so many great people through the subject,but its all in the past.
            however some things never change and my love of kilmarnock fc and 70's punk band the sex pistols will never cease.
            all the best to everyone still interested in jack.
            cheers
            ROSS S
            Hi Ross
            thanks for taking time to reply great your doing well old friend all the best christian

Comment

Working...
            X