Ripper Ebooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Ebooks

The announcement that the Ripperologist would have a Kindle version had me wondering... Do you know of any Ripper books available in ebook format? I'm most interested in Nook format because I have a Nook Color -- but I have noticed that there are more Ripper books available in the Kindle format. Also, are there are other Ripper periodicals available in PDF format, EPUB, Kindle format, etc.? I just might try them out. Has anyone here published their Ripper books on the Kindle or Nook? I'm interested in buying them.

BTW I have seen some recent Ripper books (such as Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect) available for the Nook, but mostly, the searches bring up novels and short self-published articles. I don't mind self-published stuff, but from the reviews, a lot of these looked like articles that had been swiped from other sites. I ended buying the Prime Suspect book in print anyway because I had a 40% off coupon.

I don't know about Nook, but I do have a Kindle. There are a number of Ripper books currently available on Kindle, some at bargain prices, some not. I recently read Bruce Paley's Jack the Ripper: The Simple Truth on that format, which is only £1.71. Some of the other Ripper books available on kindle are The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper by Maxim Jakubowski £5.60, The Complete Jack the Ripper by Donald Rumbelow £8.99 and The London of Jack the Ripper: Then and Now by Robert Clack and Philip Hutchinson £4.78.

Comment

Hi folks

Not exactly a Ripper book but Martin A. Danahay and Alex Chisholm's book Jekyll and Hyde Dramatized is available on a Kindle Edition. Since actual copies of the book command a high price, it's a good buy at $9.99. This book about the famous 1888 dramatization of Robert Louis Stevenson's tale Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by actor Richard Mansfield and writer Thomas Richard Sullivan does contain a fair amount of information about the Ripper case and discussion of contemporary newspaper reports that the play might have inspired the killer. Not having owned a copy of the book before, I have just downloaded it to my Kindle.

All the best

Chris
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Critteranne View Post
        Do you know of any Ripper books available in ebook format?
        Here's a freebie, Critteranne:-

http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media/book_reviews/non-fiction/garrywroe_full2.html

Hope you find it useful.

Comment

I never knew this was there! I'm looking forward to reading it, I've got some catching up to do.

And on that note, here's another "freebie":

Comment

Working...
          X