In Pursuit of JtR, by Robert A. Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grave One,

I'll try to get us back on track. I too thought Snow's book was a good introduction (see review in Examiner No. 6). My one major criticism was disappointment that Snow, an obviously experienced investigator, was not analytical enough and, indeed, speculative enough. But overall, a very good job.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Thank you, Donald, I appreciate it. (Tom, apparently, is not paying attention.)

The book is not perfect (Mr Snow, in a private communication, has acknowledged the minor errors, which he hopes to correct in a second edition) but I continue to maintain that this is one of the best introductions to our subject that I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

I'll certainly be buying additional copies as gifts for my family and friends who sometimes wonder how I can be so interested in this topic.

Comment

One more thing, Don. I always read every word of the Examiner, except the book reviews unless I've read the book. I just went back and read your review of Snow's monograph. I'm pleased to see that we pretty much agree on the quality of his book.

Comment

G.M.,

Two minds with but a single thought . . . I went back and reread the review and we are in agreement pretty much. It is a very good book for friends and family who need an introduction to one of our passions.

Don.
          "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
          X