No announcement yet.

Fragments of the East End by Andrew Firth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've ordered my copy. I really like this ImageWrap thing that Blurb is doing with their hardcovers. It saves me from searching around for a Brodart cover that will fit the dust wrapper.

I look forward to reading it, Andrew.

Comment

Andrew,

Your book had arrived when I got home tonight and I've spent the last couple of hours going through it. It's absolutely breathtaking. John Bennett's well-written foreword describes your achievement very well. Congratulations on another excellent piece of work.

Comment

GM,

Thanks very much for your kind words! It's good to know that people are enjoying the book so much. I reckon I've been on around twenty photo excursions into the east end over the past two years, and then of course I've spent many an hour working on the photomontages, graphics and layout. I do feel it's been time well spent when I receive feedback such as yours.

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

Book or beer?

Hi Andrew,

I intend to acquire this book as I love good visuals. I expect it will spur my imagination. What I've seen is very intriguing. It's a bit beyond my normal book budget but I'll put aside some beer money for a few days in order to justify it............provided it's not too many days......

Greg

Comment

Book or Beer? What a difficult decision to make!

It is more expensive than I would have liked, but unfortunately it's Blurb that set these prices. The price you pay covers the costs of producing (on demand) 160 full colour pages, plus of course Blurb's profit, whatever that may be.

Sadly, for me, I don't make a single penny profit out of this. For me to make say, £5 profit, I'd have to increase the cover price by that amount, and I firmly believe that the books are expensive enough as they are!

I don't intend to make "Fragments of the East End" a limited edition as such, so don't worry. The book will still be available to order in the future, when you've foregone enough beer!

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

Must have both...

I think it's a shame Andrew that you aren't making a bit of a profit from your efforts. You deserve a few pints yourself.

I figure your book costs me the equivalent of 10 pints of my favorite American craft brews (or European for that matter), not including shipping. This is obviously quite significant.

Sometimes sacrifices must be made...

I think I'll make my girlfriend work harder so that I may enjoy a beer and the book simultaneously......

Greg

Comment

The backyard of 29 Hanbury Street

I've been meaning to do this location for quite a while, but have only just got around to it. (So this one isn't in the book). The back yard of 29 Hanbury Street, with the modern day view as seen on 8th September 2011, exactly 123 years to the day since Annie's murder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29 Hanbury Street Backyard Montage reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	662963

All the best
                Andrew

Comment

E-BOOK VERSION NOW AVAILABLE! For iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad. £4.99

Just a quick update. The eBook version of "Fragments of the East End" is now available from blurb.com for £4.99, for viewing via Apple's iBooks application on the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.

It can be purchased here...

Browse self published books. Buy, sell and share photography books, wedding albums, portfolios and more. Find self published books as unique as you.

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

Working...
                  X