Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragments of the East End by Andrew Firth

[ATTACH]11971[/ATTACH]

Nice picture, any chance of a brief synopsis and some details?
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

[ATTACH]12025[/ATTACH]

Comment

Fragments of the East End will be available from 31st August 2011. In the meantime, there is a Facebook page with previews from the book.

Ripperland. 886 likes. "Ripperland" by Andrew Firth, a photographic record of the changing face of Jack the Ripper's London is now available from Mango Books.

All the best
        Andrew

Comment

absolutely love the shot of Millers Court......take it that the additional snapshot in the tunnel is an add-on ? so tantalising !!

Comment

Jason,

Yes, it's one of a number of "photomontages" that feature in the book. There's also a close-up view down the passageway that appears alongside this one on the same page.

The recreation of Millers Court uses about seven or eight separate photos in all.

All the best
            Andrew

Comment

Great visuals...

Those superimposed shots (as I would call them) are terrific. Sometimes it's hard to get a feel for the Autumn of Terror after the modernization and tear downs.......great stuff......I'm dying to know what year that Miller's Court photo was shot?

Looks very tantalizing...

Greg

Comment

Andrew,

I'm not much of a facebooker (bookite? bookie?). How do I go about ordering a copy of your latest work?

Comment

Greg,

The shot of the Millers Court arch was taken in 1927, and appeared in Leonard Matters' book the following year. I have taken the liberty of straightening out the image in Photoshop, to give the appearance of looking at the arch head on, rather than at an angle as in the original photo.

GM,

The book will be available from 31st August, at which point I'll post the relevant link on Facebook, Casebook and jtrforums to preview and order the book.

All the best
                  Andrew

Comment

Looks intriguing...

The shot of the Millers Court arch was taken in 1927, and appeared in Leonard Matters' book the following year. I have taken the liberty of straightening out the image in Photoshop, to give the appearance of looking at the arch head on, rather than at an angle as in the original photo.
                    Thanks Andrew, I'm very much looking forward to this one...

The book will be available from 31st August, at which point I'll post the relevant link on Facebook, Casebook and jtrforums to preview and order the book.
                    Rather an eerie date for publication is it not? Ha ha...

Greg

Comment

Assembly Passage
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	promo 3a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	662709

Comment

More preview images from the book are now online on the Fragments of the East End Facebook page at:

Ripperland. 886 likes. "Ripperland" by Andrew Firth, a photographic record of the changing face of Jack the Ripper's London is now available from Mango Books.

All the best
                        Andrew

Comment

The main locations covered in the forthcoming book:

Name:	Book Contents Reduced.jpg
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	662711

Comment

Name:	Book announcement reduced.jpg
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	662712

Fragments of the East End, a new 160 page full colour book featuring photography, maps and montages of Jack the Ripper's London by Andrew Firth. Published through blurb.com

This 160 page book includes photomontages of the Aldgate Pump, Aldgate East Station and Tavern, Black Lion Court (x2), St. Jude's Church Commercial Street, The Princess Alice Pub Commercial Street, Dorset Street and Millers Court, Durward Street (x2), Flower & Dean Street (x2), Gardiners Corner, Goulston Street, Grey Eagle Street (x2), Gunthorpe Street, Half Moon Passage, Hanbury Street, Henriques Street, Mitre Square (x2), Old Castle Street, Old Montague Street (x4), Plough Street, Poplar High Street, Spectacle Alley, St George in the East Mortuary, St Mary's Church, St Mary's Station, Swallow Gardens, Whites Row, Wickhams Department Store and Winthrop Street (x2).

In addition, many other east end locations are featured in full colour, with numerous atmospheric night shots.

Includes the authors own descriptive accounts of selected locations as they appear today, along with several map overlays showing the changes that have taken place in the east end over the last 120+ years.

Foreword written by John G. Bennett.

Browse self published books. Buy, sell and share photography books, wedding albums, portfolios and more. Find self published books as unique as you.

Comment

Promotional Video

There's also a promotional video featuring some of the photomontages that appear in the book. This can be viewed at:

A short promotional video for my new photography book "Fragments of the East End", which is available for purchase from http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail...

All the best
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X