Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in Victorian Crime

Hello all,

I found an interesting link, below, on the subject of women in Victorian Crime.

Before Superwoman, before Lara Croft, before Mata Hair, a priceless meet-and-greet with the most notirious crime-fighting females of Victorian literature.

The volume is entitled

The Penguin Book of Victorian Women in Crime: Forgotten Cops and Private Eyes from the Time of Sherlock Holmes

It’s the sequel to 2009′s The Penguin Book of Gaslight Crime: Con Artists, Burglars, Rogues, and Scoundrels from the Time of Sherlock Holmes.

This may be of some interest to some of you.

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
    The volume is entitled

The Penguin Book of Victorian Women in Crime: Forgotten Cops and Private Eyes from the Time of Sherlock Holmes

This may be of some interest to some of you.

best wishes

Phil
    You read my thoughts now didn't you? there's only one word coming to my mind for that: awesome!!

Comment

Hello Sister,

I am going to get hold of these two books. They sound very interesting indeed.

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Excellent stuff. There was also a fair bit of info on Victorian era women crims in Donald Thomas's "The Victorian Underworld", a fantastic source of information. I remember the case of one particularly notorious lodging house keeper, but sadly, her name escapes me at the moment....

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Working...
        X