Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theories and Facts

Hi all,

I have Colin Kendell's 2010 book JtR: theories and facts and I've just started reading. He states that Mary Ann Nichols received her abdominal wounds before her throat was cut and that she was moved to Bucks Row. I've put the book aside for the moment. Is there anyone who has aleady read the book? Is it worth reading or should I have asked for another book? (it was praised on the site I spotted it). I wouldn't like it to be like Uncle Jack: surprising statements and then ridiculous claims.

Greetings,

Addy

Hi Addy. Throw this Kendell fellow's book away. It's clear he knows absolutely nothing about the case.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I disagree with Tom. Use the book to start a campfire and then roast blood sausages over the flames. If it doesn't burn well, toss a Hutchinson suspect book onto it.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

LOL. That was hilarious.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

By the way, the movie 'Pontypool' was good because it was a different take on the transmission of a zombie-like virus through the repeated use of words unconsciously that have lost their meaning. It doesn't hole water, but it was kind of like Fisherman's take on Hutchinson where it's fresh. That is something that combats the repeated use of meaningless words that have inundated those threads.

Cheers,

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Hi Mike. I actually bought Pontypool off amazon. I was loving it for a while and there were some creepy moments. Then it got campy and lost its magic, but still overall a very good movie.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,
              I agree. There seems to have been some kind of message there towards the end and I got tired of the movie. But the idea of the transmission of the disease was cool.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

Is he one of THE Kendells? Or is that a different spelling??
                Last edited by KatBradshaw; 12-22-2010, 06:48 PM.
                In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi all,

Well, I guess I'll finish the book, as I have already started it and some things are actually on the hilarious side. The last two days of Eddowes life are put together as one and there are several more "mistakes" (to put it mildly) in the text. I'm wondering who the Ripper will turn out te be in the end, though the hints to the Masons don't promise much.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                    I disagree with Tom. Use the book to start a campfire and then roast blood sausages over the flames. If it doesn't burn well, toss a Hutchinson suspect book onto it.

Mike
                    Thats funny. I've been a defender of Hutchinson on a thread on his suspect page. What do you think of my posting? No one responded to it I guess it was just skipped over because I think he was telling the truth
                    Jordan

Comment

My mistake its on page 152 of the now 158 pages of 'Did Hutchinson get the night wrong?' thread. Thats hilarious almost 160 pages of something that I think can be summed up in two letters---no!
                      Jordan

Comment

Considering Mikey's alleged aversion to all things Hutchinson, he really seems to have a one-track mind on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                        X