what new JtR books are coming down the pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what new JtR books are coming down the pipe

I read a new book is coming out soon with a lot of research done on Kosminski. any info on this?

and what, if any, other books related to suspects or new info are forthcoming?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm aware of at least one book on Kosminsky coming out, though I'm not sure if the author has gone public with that? I know that Spiro (I'll butcher his last name if I try from memory) has a book coming out. I will eventually. More stuff from Patricia Cornwell, and I know Keith Skinner has turned up a lot of new stuff, some relating to Maybrick, that will presumably be coming out at some point. Stewart Evans claims he's done with Ripper books, which means we can expect at least two more from him at some point.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The book on Kozminski is by Rob House, it's supposed to go to print by the end of 2011.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

So I guess Rob doesn't mind us talking about it. Since the cat is out of the bag (or should that be the dog is off of his leash?) I will say yes, Rob House is the author I'm referring to. I personally cannot wait to read this book. I have a feeling it will receive glorious reviews and cause much controversy and discussion. It will be nice to see a lot of discussion about a REAL suspect for a change.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi All,

While we're at it–

"Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders", publication date tba.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi Simon. Author's name?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I couldn't possibly say. I'm far too modest.
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Also there have been various cryptic comments about a new book from Paul Begg in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Yes, I'm aware of at least one book on Kosminsky coming out, though I'm not sure if the author has gone public with that? I know that Spiro (I'll butcher his last name if I try from memory) has a book coming out. I will eventually. More stuff from Patricia Cornwell, and I know Keith Skinner has turned up a lot of new stuff, some relating to Maybrick, that will presumably be coming out at some point. Stewart Evans claims he's done with Ripper books, which means we can expect at least two more from him at some point.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Hello Tom,

I thought Cornwell was "finished" with JTR? Where would she have got any "new" stuff from, one wonders?

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Phil Carter wrote:
                    I thought Cornwell was "finished" with JTR? Where would she have got any "new" stuff from, one wonders?

Evidently, from Keith Skinner. Maybe she's going for a “redacted“ second edition?
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                      Phil Carter wrote:

Evidently, from Keith Skinner. Maybe she's going for a “redacted“ second edition?
                      Hello Maria,

So Mr. Skinner is supplying material to Cornwell for a new book, and also some stuff about Maybrick for another, separate book? The 125th anniversary is looking to be another "1987/1988", it seems...

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

Hiya Phil,

I'm not exactly sure if you're poking fun at Keith Skinner but, if you are, you must realise it is completely unjustified. Skinner is, perhaps, the most talented researcher ever to set foot in this field. Any project that he goes near has something to commend it.

If he's working for Ms Cornwell now, I say hurray: his involvement can only improve her work. I just wish that she had his advice the first time around.

Comment

Jack the Ripper Suspects Frederic P. Miller (ed) et al

Comment

Sorry, Robert, I may just be thick, but I don't get your point.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, GM.

I was just answering the original post about new books.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X