Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel map and booklet

Hello
    I'm trying to acquire the book and map detailed here.

Can anyone tell me where I can get these items please?

thanks and what a great community!

Richard
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

That map and booklet have been unavailable for quite some time, Richard. You can see a discussion about them on these threads:

General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

Comment

Oh, thanks for that reply

It's a shame about the booklet not being available now. It looked very interesting.

oh well.

thanks again for the reply
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

OK. But remember to keep an eye on eBay and sites like Abebooks.com
        There's a good chance that a copy will show up sooner or later.

Comment

Hi Richard.

I realize your post is over a year old, but I've only just finished the latest Jack the Ripper map.

As the Grave Maurice indicated, the original ripperArt maps are no longer available. Gordon Punter and I parted company some years ago when I left Saudi Arabia, and ripperArt was closed down.

I've been working on the latest Jack the Ripper map for nearly 5 years and it is finally ready. This version is a full size map in Pdf format available for download at http://www.jacktherippermap.info/

The native size of the map is 50 inches wide by 30 inches high, nearly double the size of the ripperArt maps, although in order to get acceptable resolution, I had to increase the DPI in the conversion to Pdf, so Adobe reports it as being 136 by 82 inches.

The new map is far more detailed than the ripperArt maps, with lost more pubs, doss houses etc marked. House numbers are shown in many key areas, and the map is far neater and more accurate.

I'm working on a book version, but it will be some weeks before it is ready. Because the map is so much bigger, it will span 25 pages. There are also enlargements of each murder site, and not just the canonical 5 murders, but most of the Whitechapel murders. The whole book will be around 40 pages, and it will also be available to download.

I don't plan to produce a printed version of the book, but if there is enough interest I may change my mind.

Best Regards.

Geoff Cooper

Comment

Hey Geoff
            Followed the link and tried to purchase a map that is listed as E10, but the checkout shows as E20?

Cheers

Sushka

Comment

Originally posted by sushka View Post
              Hey Geoff
              Followed the link and tried to purchase a map that is listed as E10, but the checkout shows as E20?

Cheers

Sushka
              Hi Sushka.

Sorry about that. The setup for Zencart is very confusing. Should be sorted now.

Best Regards.

Geoff.

Comment

Hey Geoff
                Now seems to be an error with Paypal - something about an unecrypted button? I am trying to buy one of your maps!!
                Cheers

Sushka

Comment

Originally posted by sushka View Post
                  Hey Geoff
                  Now seems to be an error with Paypal - something about an unecrypted button? I am trying to buy one of your maps!!
                  Cheers

Sushka
                  Hi Sushka.

Sorry about that. Another configuration error, this time with Paypal. It should be fixed now.

Best Regards.

Geoff.

Comment

Working...
                  X