No announcement yet.

Fame or Infamy ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She was never so vulgar, darling, as to mention money, she'd just talk about the fabulous jewelry her husband had bought her, and the fabulous trips her husband was taking her on, and the fabulous houses her husband had bought her and the fabulous lifestyle her husband had provided her.

Truly an argument for marital prostitution if ever there was one.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Now, we are talking about someone else who is unable to defend herself ...

Sometimes in regards to Maria, I noticed in 'perceived arguments' that both parties were not really
      understanding where the other was coming from ..
      Sometimes the viewpoints were almost the same, but the outcome and
      arguments appeared opposite.
      And her understanding of English is not 100% ..

I have personally met both Maria and Peter .. they are very warm, good, and genuine people.
      She means well, and has a kind and good spirit.

Who are any of us to 'throw stones' ..
      "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
      of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

• The not able to defend themselves argument only applies if there actually is some defense. Maria has none. She's a flaming nutbag.

If you don't want to be called a moron, don't behave like one. Her command of English doesn't excuse her base stupidity or her base beliefs. And most of her beliefs, especially when it came to women, were beyond base. People with kind and good spirits don't say that the people defending their countries don't deserve sympathy when they are raped during that defense.

And who are we to throw stones? The people with the stones.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• I am not a betting person but ..

I do not believe there was ever any comment re 'the fabulous jewellery her husband had bought her'.

or cars and furs ..
          she enjoys her travel ..no crime

Comment

• Ally in Wonderland ...

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            She's a flaming nutbag.

And who are we to throw stones? The people with the stones.
            On that comment ..very hilarious, but I can see that your 'signature' is truthful, so that's a positive ..
            On the 'nutbag' bit ..it reminds me of Maria's term for casebook ..
            it was, 'Nutcasebook' ...

"But I don't want to go among mad people", Alice remarked.
            "Oh, you can't help that", said the Cat.
            "We are all mad here. I'm mad, your mad".
            "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
            "You must be", said the Cat "or you wouldn't have come here"

Comment

• Originally posted by Victoria View Post
              I am not a betting person but ..

I do not believe there was ever any comment re 'the fabulous jewellery her husband had bought her'.

or cars and furs ..
              she enjoys her travel ..no crime

Oh and you'd lose your shirt on that bet. Although I think it was on the old boards, there was a thread about the Hurricane disaster and in the midst of discussion about how these poor souls had lost everything, there was Maria wittering on about her new car and her jewelry. I remember it especially because a few people were appalled at her trumpeting her financial well-being in the midst of discussion of devastation and her response was it was base envy at her good fortune. I don't know if it exists as it was during the time when Pub Talk threads were wiped when they reached a certain number and only remnants remain but if you search you might find it.

She is a loathsome guttersnipe.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• I am a close friend of the Birchwoods.

That is my sole comment on this matter.

Comment

• That's okay Robert, everyone needs that one friend to whom they can feel completely superior and disdainful.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Hi Carol,

Mrs B used to post on two message boards but she hasn't been on either for a long while. A couple of years back she was posting here on the Casebook as 'Maria' (I found that by searching for posts mentioning her by name), but she may have posted using other names at different times, but I can't really recall. She is not on the current members list.

There is nothing that woman knows about the creation of the diary that can't be tattooed on a gnat's chuff.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Hi Caz!
                    Thanks for your reply. I must say I'm even more curious now I've read the posts that came after yours!
                    Love
                    Carol

Comment

• Whenever I read Maria's posts a mental image of Zsa-Zsa Gabor came to me...

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Graham,

That's hilarious! Eva Gabor was the nicer one, so I have to agree with your image.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                          She means well, and has a kind and good spirit.
                          Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                          I am a close friend of the Birchwoods.

That is my sole comment on this matter.
                          Robert,

I can only conclude that you have never posted anything that Mrs B saw fit to misconstrue.

That woman doesn't deserve you as a friend. And if she had treated you as she treated someone close to me, I can guarantee you wouldn't want her as a friend now. That's all I will say about it - publicly.

But in the end, women like that are their own worst enemy.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          Last edited by caz; 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM.
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Anyone got an idea?

Hi Everyone!
                            I've read 'Fame or Infamy' twice and I was surprised at just how much more information I took in the second time round. How are the rest of you who have read the book getting on? Anyone come to any definite conclusions yet?
                            (Yes, I know. I'm leaving myself open for some snide remarks. But my open mind and I are never averse to a bit of a fight in the search for truth!).
                            One thing that really intrigues me is the little quote on the dedication page:
                            'The alphabet of three scribes note:
                            A Poor Dog, Pleads, To Keep His Coat.'
                            Anyone out there know what it means? Can anyone tell me what book it is quoted from?
                            Carol

Comment

• Hi Carol

Ha, ha! I was googling this to see if it was a quote, and then I remembered I'd deciphered it months ago.

The alphabet of three scribes is the JTR A-Z.
                              The dog, the pleading and the coat refer to the authors Martin FIDO, Paul BEGG and Keith SKINNER.

Comment

• Fame or Infamy

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                Hi Carol

Ha, ha! I was googling this to see if it was a quote, and then I remembered I'd deciphered it months ago.

The alphabet of three scribes is the JTR A-Z.
                                The dog, the pleading and the coat refer to the authors Martin FIDO, Paul BEGG and Keith SKINNER.
                                Hi Robert!
                                Thanks for the meaning. Well done! I would never have worked that out. I have never read JTR A-Z. In fact my knowledge of Jack the Ripper is a lot less than of James Maybrick. Have you any idea what Steve Powell means? All I can remember from the book is that they are mentioned as researchers for Shirley Harrison and Paul Feldman. Have I missed something?
                                Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X