Jack the Ripper - The Casebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper - The Casebook

So I saw the book in the book store, looked interesting with all the pop out copies of the Ripper letters and Police records. Is it any good?
    Scarlett (2010) (Completed)

Witness a modernized retelling of London's most gruesome mutilation, the murder of Mary Jane Kelly at the hands of the notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw59rvBDUGs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trM64vWkLQ - Part 2

Great book, Richard Jones never ceases to amaze me with his works.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      Great book, Richard Jones never ceases to amaze me with his works.
      Excellent book, highly recommended, along with the other one which is a bunch of document reproductions in a box... I believe an Evans & Skinner effort, I'm too lazy to go to the bookcase and check, plus the cat will get annoyed if I kick her off my knee (Suzi, back me up on that one). Someone help me out here, please!

Anyhoo, Mr Jones' effort is great - the text is a nice overview / intro for newbies, but the seasoned will enjoy the reproductions.

B.
      Bailey
      Wellington, New Zealand
      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Excellent news! My Christmas Amazon package arrived just a few days ago containing it! Shame I have to wait till Dec 25 to read it!

Comment

Lucan,

Surely you jest! Waiting five weeks to read Jones would test the patience of Job!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
            Excellent book, highly recommended, along with the other one which is a bunch of document reproductions in a box... I believe an Evans & Skinner effort, I'm too lazy to go to the bookcase and check, plus the cat will get annoyed if I kick her off my knee (Suzi, back me up on that one). Someone help me out here, please!

Anyhoo, Mr Jones' effort is great - the text is a nice overview / intro for newbies, but the seasoned will enjoy the reproductions.

B.
            It's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - The Richard Book - and the cat quite fancies a nice knee!

Suz xxxx
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
              Excellent news! My Christmas Amazon package arrived just a few days ago containing it! Shame I have to wait till Dec 25 to read it!
              Do people actually really wait till Xmas for present opening????? Nah Nah Nah come on I wait till the amazon parcels arrive- censor mine out and wrap the rest up!!!!!!! Then say ' What you buying for me?' while hiding the other ones somewhere in the bookcases for later retrieval!!!! xxxxxx (LOL)
              Last edited by Suzi; 11-24-2009, 09:58 PM.
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
              X