I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours

I thought it would be interesting to share "collections" with other Casebook visitors. I am attaching a picture of my non-fiction Ripper book collection (not an actual photograph, but created from Delicious Library catalogue software).

I would love to hear from others with either a photo of their collections or even just a list.

I have promised not to add to my collection until I have read what I have. Which means about 4 books still to go.

Hope to hear from all - including some of the real experts out there!

Cheers

Sushka
    Attached Files

Sushka,

Your display is admirable, but I could'nt possibly compete with the wonderful presentation. My collection is all over the place!

Still, there are some personal favourites in your collection.

Comment

Lovely presentation, Shuska. You have excellent taste in books. I think I have all the titles you show, although I couldn't present them so well. I'm just not sure about the book on the left in the second-last row. Which one is that?

Comment

Thanks John. As I mentioned it is not how it looks in real life - mine is also a bit all over the place. Do you have a list you could post?

Comment

Thanks Grave Maurice. Ditto re the presentation comments to JB. THe book on the left in the second last row is a bound Punch from 1888. Can you post a list of your books?

Comment

Gee, Sushka, I could list the books I don't have more easily than those I do. Collecting Ripper books is one of my hobbies, and I've been doing it for a long time.

If you look at the Casebook's list of non-fiction books, I don't have the ones published in a language other than English or French; I don't have a hardcover first edition of William Stewart's book; I can't seem to locate copies of any of the books by Katsuo Jinko; I can't find some of the more obscure self-published items; and I don't collect anything by Karen Trenouth because I think she's silly. Other than that, I've just about got 'em all.

Comment

Working...
            X