Re: 'The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Companion'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    If the Robinson has the same number of pages, then is it a revised edition, or a straightforward reprint?
    Well that, of course, is what we have to wait and see. If the authors have added any new material, no matter how little...like, say, a new foreword...then it's a revised edition. If nothing new has been added, it's another printing. But, like you, I could use another copy either way.

Comment

Excuse my insult to grammar, but I must say, this book is "da bomb!" Nothing like reading the original transcripts to discern fact from fiction and to form an initial opinion. I've read other good JTR books, but I find that most come with a suspect already in mind and I like to start my readings at least semi-unbiased

Edited to add- my hardbound copy is only 692 pages, including the index. It's a year 2000 copy and I better not be missing anything good!

Comment

Why There Are More Pages In the New Edition

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        It certainly looks new and the page count is higher!
        The New version shows 800 pages,
        The Old version shows only 768!!
        Bet I know why there's an increase in the number of pages, Mike-
        they probably had to change over to slightly larger print in order to accommodate all the dedicated Ripperologists who have ruined their eyes poring over LVP documents & newspapers!

(Blink. Blink. Ow. )
        Archaic

Comment

Has anybody any information yet on whether this is a new edition or just a reprint of the previous one? If the latter, do we know when/if a new edition will be published? Many thanks to who ever may be able to help.

Comment

Know Nothing

Originally posted by Into The Abyss View Post
            Has anybody any information yet on whether this is a new edition or just a reprint of the previous one? If the latter, do we know when/if a new edition will be published? Many thanks to who ever may be able to help.
            I know nothing of The Ultimate going into a new edition (authors usually know nothing in these cases). I certainly haven't added new material for a reprint.
            SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

I would like to hear from a more reliable source on this matter than Stewart P Evans.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I Quite Agree

I quite agree Tom Wes-t-cott.
                SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  I would like to hear from a more reliable source on this matter than Stewart P Evans.
                  A typo, clearly. Surely you mean "hear OF a more reliable source", Tom
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Did It Again !!!!

I have a bad habit of reading in the bathtub. My JTR Companion has a permanent resting place on the edge of the tub. Problem is, I continually fall asleep while reading it. My favourite ripper book has deep sixthed on numerous occasion and looks like it actually was printed in 1888.It is now about 6" thick, falling apart at the seams. Damn, I would just hate to throw it out. It has character now !!!
                    " ON A HOT SUMMERS NITE, WOULD YOU OFFER YOUR THROAT TO WITH THE RED ROSES ?"

Comment

Working...
                    X