Jack the Ripper A-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Fido

Back in 1994 Martin Fido wrote the following in my copy of the 1994 edition of the A-Z (in Feldman's office) -

Click image for larger version

Name:	jtrazmf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	653806
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Stewart,

That is totally awesome...as is Martin Fido. I miss him on these boards.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        Stewart,

That is totally awesome...as is Martin Fido. I miss him on these boards.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
        Well be grateful you"ve got Stewart Tom.He is second to none!

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
          Back in 1994 Martin Fido wrote the following in my copy of the 1994 edition of the A-Z (in Feldman's office) -

[ATTACH]1822[/ATTACH]
          If there were a prize for the heroic combination of impossible rhymes, that would take some beating!

I'm impressed (he muttered, somewhat grudging and grumbledy...)
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
            Well be grateful you"ve got Stewart Tom.He is second to none!
            No argument here.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I just checked amazon.com here in the U.S. They have a special pre-order price for the 2008 edition of A to Z of $46.95. No mention of when it is due out.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                I just checked amazon.com here in the U.S. They have a special pre-order price for the 2008 edition of A to Z of $46.95. No mention of when it is due out.

c.d.
                I recommended holding on to your money for now. I've done the pre-order thing on books and it's taken many months or even over a year before the book finally came out. Of course, this is out of the control of the authors, who I'm sure would like it out yesterday, as would I.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

WOW!! That must be a hardcover and I'd probably pay it but not until it's actually available.
                  Last edited by sdreid; 05-20-2008, 11:35 PM.
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

c.d.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    I recommended holding on to your money for now. I've done the pre-order thing on books and it's taken many months or even over a year before the book finally came out. Of course, this is out of the control of the authors, who I'm sure would like it out yesterday, as would I.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    Hi Folks

I don't think I am speaking out of turn when I tell you that there has been a glitch in the publication of the new edition of A to Z. Sutton Publishing was going to bring it out and at this time I understand they are not now going to do so. I think Sutton is undergoing changes which forced them to bow out and probably from other book deals as well. The authors are looking for another publisher.

Chris
                    Christopher T. George
                    Editor, Ripperologist
                    http://www.ripperologist.biz
                    http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net

Comment

Nobody should rush to pre-order it. I see it is available on the Amazon.ca website today for 32.73 CAD or, approximately, 33 USD.

Comment

Thanks for that, Chris George. Is it true that the new A-Z will be published by Inklings Press?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                          Nobody should rush to pre-order it.
                          I pre-ordered a DVD from Amazon months ago, and it arrived last weekend. To my surprise, it was discounted to less than half price under some "pre-release deal", of which I wasn't aware when I reserved the order. Bargain!
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

It's interesting that copies of the old hardcover edition (used not new) run from $65 to $125.

c.d.

Comment

I think I've said it before, but I'd be more than happy to take on the publication, and get it out soon.
                              Anything to piss Dan off.
                              (only joking, mate)

Comment

Wait, what? I'd love the A-Z to come out. Especially if, say, it came out by Oct. 11.

And, in case it's not clear, the pre-order on those online sites would be a pre-order for a Sutton A-Z, and since it at this point seems extremely unlikely that Sutton will publish it, any money on a pre-order for that item would just sit there for however long it takes Amazon to realize that it's not really coming out. It'd be like a savings account that doesn't earn any interest and which might eventually come back as in-store credit instead of money (after a certain amount of time they can't refund to a credit card anymore, as far as I know).

Dan Norder
                                Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                                Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X