Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viz à viz

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
    For those of us who are Yanks I was able to find out that in the entire U.S. public Library System there is only 1 copy of this book. It is found at the Univeristy of Tennessee in their Rare Books collection.

Usually you are able to get books mailed to you from other Libraries but because of where this one is located I'm unaware (doubt) if that is the case.
    Can I, a Louisianan, get it from a local or university library? Merci, sha
    From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
    "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
      If it is in rare books I doubt it, those are seldom let out of the reading room, and even there access may be tightly controlled.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

WorldCat, the world's largest library catalog

Try this link: http://www.worldcat.org/
        It can show you the nearest library owning the book, if any does.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

I had to read this post twice because I'm also from Louisiana (what are the odds) and when I first read it I thought you somehow knew and were teasing me.

To answer your question, I'm not sure. You can call their university and see if they will mail it to you but I doubt it since they are keeping it in their a rare books collection.

There also might be some off chance that a used book store or local library who isn't all digitally organized might have it.

Comment

Louisiana

Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
            I had to read this post twice because I'm also from Louisiana (what are the odds) and when I first read it I thought you somehow knew and were teasing me.

To answer your question, I'm not sure. You can call their university and see if they will mail it to you but I doubt it since they are keeping it in their a rare books collection.

There also might be some off chance that a used book store or local library who isn't all digitally organized might have it.
            Thanks, I'll try Alexander's in Lafayette
            From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
            "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

I regret not getting this one when it came out.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Mango Books announced a new, fully revised edition a few months back. Hopefully we’ll see it later this year.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                  Mango Books announced a new, fully revised edition a few months back. Hopefully we’ll see it later this year.

JM
                  For less than £350 I hope
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Dispatched from Hook, Britain's lost New Town.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                    X