No announcement yet.

The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the kind words about my book everyone. Monty, you are a gent and a scholar.

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
    I'd certainly be keen to see an expanded edition - perhaps RJM and Neal could bump heads to get the history of the Chapman photo included for completion too.

B.
    Glad you enjoyed the book (Herr J. is a terrific guy). I didn't go into the history of the Chapman photograph out of respect for the family. Some descendants of the Whitechapel victims do not wish to be bothered by people in the Ripper field. Neal Shelden has always been sensitive to this issue. If I can get the story across faithfully without names I will include it in any future edition.

Sushka, and others who have previously inquired, I have continued to do research since the 2005 publication of my book. There will be a second edition. I just can't promise a time frame. I have new information, and there is one avenue I need to explore before I can justify a full revision. I am looking at a complete rewrite on this.

£111 is too much. If I didn't own a copy, the book would be too expensive for me!

Cheers,

Robert

Comment

Any updates on a release date Robert?

Cheers

Sushka

Comment

Another EBay auction at the moment with a STARTING bid of 250 pounds.

Robert, surely there is an eager publisher out there interested in that level of interest!!

Sushka
        Last edited by sushka; 06-17-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: changed $ to pounds

Comment

Hi Sushka

Thanks for letting me know about the Ebay auction although it is not a STARTING bid - it is a BUY IT NOW for £250.00.

My copy is still available.

Coral

Originally posted by sushka View Post
          Another EBay auction at the moment with a STARTING bid of 250 pounds.

Robert, surely there is an eager publisher out there interested in that level of interest!!

Sushka

Comment

Does anyone know the REAL reason why this book has never been republished?
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
              Does anyone know the REAL reason why this book has never been republished?
              I wish it would be republished. I've been trying for more than three years to get a copy of this but £100 + is just too much for me ;-(. As for £250 ! that is just plain crazy.

Stephen...do you know ? would you like to enlighten us ?

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by toynbee View Post
                I wish it would be republished. I've been trying for more than three years to get a copy of this but £100 + is just too much for me ;-(. As for £250 ! that is just plain crazy.

Stephen...do you know ? would you like to enlighten us ?

Kind regards
                Jacksies then.

Comment

Perhaps you should read previous postings - this is what Robert has said -

"Sushka, and others who have previously inquired, I have continued to do research since the 2005 publication of my book. There will be a second edition. I just can't promise a time frame. I have new information, and there is one avenue I need to explore before I can justify a full revision. I am looking at a complete rewrite on this."

Comment

Exactly, Coral. Robert will publish a new edition when he believes he has enough new data to warrant it. Frankly, I don't see how his book could be improved. It's perfect as it is, and one of the most interesting monographs of the last decade. If he does bring out a new edition, however, I will be among the first in line to buy it.

Comment

250 pounds? Really? Anyone wanna buy mine?

B.
                      Bailey
                      Wellington, New Zealand
                      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Don't you dare, Bailey!

Comment

As if
                          Bailey
                          Wellington, New Zealand
                          hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                          www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Unfortunately, I may be forced to sell my copy, it is signed and inscribed to myself, mentioning Rippercast. If interested, please PM or email me at makhno9 at gmail dot com. I'll entertain any offers (taking the highest) and send you scans. Its pretty much in mint condition. Beware, this is not going for cheap.

Thanks

JM

Comment

Bump!

Hi
                              It's been a while. Any updates from anyone? Robert?
                              Cheers

Sushka

Comment

For those of us who are Yanks I was able to find out that in the entire U.S. public Library System there is only 1 copy of this book. It is found at the Univeristy of Tennessee in their Rare Books collection.

Usually you are able to get books mailed to you from other Libraries but because of where this one is located I'm unaware (doubt) if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X