The Victims of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Bailey & Supe:

Yes, indeed, Mr. Shelden's photos of the Eddowes clan provides us with a sense of connectivity to Kate...as well as the other victim family photos...but that it was taken in Mitre Square makes it a little special,doesn't it?

Its an outstanding book everyone should buy...and of course, buy it from Neal directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      I had the pleasure of meeting 2 lovely, elderly decendants of Kate at the last conf. Didnt realise who they were intially but once I did the resemblance was instant. The asked for my autograph, the first to do so. Then again, Ive only done that twice. Eduardo Zinna has the tother.
      Can I just point out that the ladies at the conference were not descendants of Catherine Eddowes, but descendants of distant cousins of Catherine Eddowes. It was something that I was crying out to say when Jeremy Beadle said it, but unfortunately I didn't know they were attending as I had not been in contact with them.
      I do hope that if there is another conference in the south of England, actual descendants of Catherine Eddowes may be able to attend.

Comment

Thanks everyone, and yeah a new find on Annie Chapman (not a picture) has just literally been found in a cupboard, all will be revealed in time. Thanks for all your interest and support.

Comment

Neal you tease! Does this mean we will see a revised edition?
          Or will you be writing a piece for Ripperologist?
          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Shelden View Post
            Can I just point out that the ladies at the conference were not descendants of Catherine Eddowes, but descendants of distant cousins of Catherine Eddowes. It was something that I was crying out to say when Jeremy Beadle said it, but unfortunately I didn't know they were attending as I had not been in contact with them.
            I do hope that if there is another conference in the south of England, actual descendants of Catherine Eddowes may be able to attend.
            Neal,

I stand corrected.

It was still a pleasure to meet 2 such lovely people.

Cheers
            Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Thanks everyone, and yeah a new find on Annie Chapman (not a picture) has just literally been found in a cupboard...
              ... it's not her skateboard, is it, Neal?
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                Neal you tease! Does this mean we will see a revised edition?
                Or will you be writing a piece for Ripperologist?
                It's actually a birthday book that has Annie Chapman's name next to a specific date and year, there are also other names of the family in the book, and four different types of handwriting.
                As I have been invited to look at the book sometime in the future, I'm waiting until I can get my hands on it before I go too much into detail.

A revised edition Mike, can any Jack the Ripper author write more than one book??

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  ... it's not her skateboard, is it, Neal?
                  No she went more for ice skating

Hold on, Jack the Ripper the musical on ice, bet no-one thought of that one

Comment

It's actually a birthday book that has Annie Chapman's name next to a specific date and year, there are also other names of the family in the book, and four different types of handwriting.
                    As I have been invited to look at the book sometime in the future, I'm waiting until I can get my hands on it before I go too much into detail.

A revised edition Mike, can any Jack the Ripper author write more than one book??
                    I look forward to the new finds in whatever form they are released.

A birthday book, with dates, and differing styles of handwriting, not a diary then....
                    Regards Mike

Comment

I just wish to inform everyone that in my attempts to stop Dan Norder from continiuing to sell my book I have been unable to prevent Lightning Source, the printer, from continuing to print my work.

I just wanted to warn anyone that might consider using Lightning Source in the future to think again, as they no care for the rights of the copyright holder.

Comment

Working...
                      X