No announcement yet.

The Complete Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends where you live, Kit. To avoid high mailing costs and, in some cases, taxes, you should order the book from the Amazon outlet in your country or, at least, the one closest to you.

Comment

Signed editions common???

Hi all,

In the last 6 months, in 2 different used book stores (one in San Diego, CA and the other in Dallas, TX) I've come across a copy of this signed. Both 1988 paperbacks. One is inscribed to Tom Blair, "Best Wishes" London, England, 24 Feb 1995, and the other is just signed. Needless to say I bought both, making 5 copies of this on my bookshelf.

Did Don commonly sign his books after Ripperwalks? Or is it just luck that I came across this book signed, twice?

I'm curious as to who else may have this signed, and what circumstances they either had it signed or came across it in dusty bookshops as I did.

I for one never sell any signed book to a used bookstore... and that includes my Margaret Thatcher's.

JM

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

I had a signed copy of Don's book [hardback] which I lent to someone who never returned it. I thought it was lost.

Imagine my surprise when a few years later Alan Sharp told me he'd bought my signed copy in a London second-hand bookshop for a fiver [£5.00].

At least it's found a good home.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          Did Don commonly sign his books after Ripperwalks?
          Yeah, to my knowledge, whenever copies of the most recent edition of his paperback were available, Don used to sell and sign them at the end of his walk. And he was always willing to sign copies that punters brought along with them. They must be reasonably common, but certainly worth having.

Comment

Working...
          X