Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Jack the Ripper an Encyclopedia

George Hutchinson

Hi George,

I just finished reading the 2010 edition of J t R an encyclopedia and I was very impressed with it. It is honestly written and I truly believe that the comments he has made with respect to myths as well as comments on other authors (no names mentioned) who have put in comments and facts to suit their respective suspects have been thoroughly investigated. I've read dozens of books on Jack and true crime in general and have found that you eventually have an eye for these type of circumstances, no doubt you will agree with that.
      I've been a J t R follower and enrhusiast for in excess of 30 years (telling my age here lol.)
      My favored suspect has been James Kelly ever since Tully's book and I have not swayed untill now. You Mr George Hutchinson is now my favored suspect after reading this book that more or less reasoned it out for me. I was always suspecious of George but I am convinced now that you are as guilty as sin!!!!!!
      PS just started the new hard cover A - Z I am sure it will be great.

regards
      julie

Comment

Hi Julie, aka Judy. JTR: An Encyclopedia was written by John Eddleston, not George Hutchinson, who is long dead and did not write on the Ripper. Philip Hutchinson has authored a couple of Ripper books, but not an Encyclopedia. Eddleston's book is riddled with errors and inbued with a lot of the author's personal biases.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Julie,

If you're interested in George Hutchinson as a suspect, you may wish to read my article on the subject in the latest edition of the Casebook Examiner.

All the best,
          Ben

Comment

GH

Originally posted by Ben View Post
            Hi Julie,

If you're interested in George Hutchinson as a suspect, you may wish to read my article on the subject in the latest edition of the Casebook Examiner.

All the best,
            Ben
            Or even the book that first proposed GH as a suspect in 1998, 'From Hell - The Jack the Ripper Mystery' by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
              'From Hell - The Jack the Ripper Mystery' by me!
              Bob, I've ordered your book on interlibrary loan.

Looking forward to reading it.

Roy
              Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton
                Or even the book that first proposed GH as a suspect in 1998, 'From Hell - The Jack the Ripper Mystery' by me!
                Sorry Bob, but according to my copy of Chris Miles' book, neither you nor your book ever existed.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Sorry Bob, but according to my copy of Chris Miles' book, neither you nor your book ever existed.
                  This is nice.
                  I've read most of your book on Hutch, Mr. Hinton (online). Actually it's Tom Wescott who directed me to it. Due to its title I had initially wrote it down as a royal conspiracy contribution.
                  Last edited by mariab; 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

An Encyclopedia

Enjoyed this very much but it didnīt quite live up to all it promised. I found it a little biased in favour of the authorīs pet theories.

I find myself buying more and more books - quite soon I shall be reduced to picking up bits of bread from the streets of Stockholm. (Crispbread tends to go a bit soggy, though!)

Comment

I did find the book useful and I found the organization, chaptered by category, useful on occasions. Ultimately, I preferred the A-Z.

Has anyone viewed the hardcover and 2010 editions? Is the new edition is an unchanged reprinting of the previous editions? There is a (sole) review on Amazon which says as much.

Would any of you know?

Comment

Snoo,

I've done a quick comparison of the hardcover (2002) and the paperback (2010) and the paperback does seem to be just a reprint. As far as I can tell, no new material has been added. On p. 280, for example, it still says that the Princess Alice has been renamed the City Darts.

Comment

Thank you, The Grave Maurice, for going to the effort. It's good to know that I have the book in it's latest form. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X