The London of Jack the Ripper - Robert Clack and Philip Hutchinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    That's what happens when Clacksky and Hutch are on the case.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Oooh, ooooh, I want to be Huggy Bear.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Gabrielle, I'm taking a load of Belgian students on a Ripper tour tomorrow. Do you fancy coming along to translate for me? They'll probably be speaking the OTHER language though! Many thanks for your kind words.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
        Thanks Gabrielle, the cheque is in the post

Rob
        GREAT! I needed a new car.

Mister Hutchinson, I could pull it off but... if the OTHER language means the french-speaking ... I wish you all the best...
        Pardon me, I don't speak english!

Comment

• Just want to say the Gun Street pic, p 160, is fantastic.
          Je l'adore.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

• I received my revised copy of the book a few days ago. I'm enjoying it so much and find it very difficult to put down. It is taking pride of place on my bedside cabinet - only first-class books are allowed there!

Many thanks to Philip and Rob for all their hard work!
            Carol

Comment

• It's a dreadful book.

When you put it down you can't pick it up again

Only joking folks. Buy it now, it's the tops.
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• I finally got my mitts on this last week and read it over two informative evenings. Fantastic book and I can't recommend it enough!
                " Queen Vic lured her victims into dark corners with offers of free fish and chips, washed down with White Satin." - forum user C4

Comment

• The London of Jack the Ripper than & now

Good Day

PHILIP and ROBERT I absolutely love the book. I too had to wait a few weeks for it, I couldn't get it in Canada at all, mine eventually came from England.
                  It cast me more than any of my many Ripper books but it is well worth it.

Well done gents.

Comment

• Thanks Judy. I'm glad it was worth the wait.

I hope it is the second edition you've got?

Regards

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

I hope I do, it doesn't say revised but it does have a number on it which may or may not have anything to do with book revision.

That # is ISBN978-1-85983-600-2
                      Printed and bound by Cromwell Press, Trowbridge, Wiltshire.
                      Robert Clack and Philip Hutchinson, 2007

I'll have to go through my books looking for another version. I know I do have one book called The London of Jack the Ripper, I'll have to look through them.
                      Tks for getting back to me.
                      judy

Comment

Rob

I hope I have version 2. I just went through my JTR Books and realized that I have two copies of this book. My Libruary needs to be organized obviously. I must have bought it when it came out first and now 2-3 yrs later. Go figure. I feel so stupid!!!!.

If it is version 2, I have 2 if anyone wants to purchase 1.
                        lol!

Sorry for the bother Rob
                        julie (judyj)

Comment

• Julie,

Check the books carefully before you sell one. It may be that you have copies of the first and second editions. If so, like any true collector, you should probably keep both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by judyj View Post
                            Rob

I hope I have version 2. I just went through my JTR Books and realized that I have two copies of this book. My Libruary needs to be organized obviously. I must have bought it when it came out first and now 2-3 yrs later. Go figure. I feel so stupid!!!!.

If it is version 2, I have 2 if anyone wants to purchase 1.
                            lol!

Sorry for the bother Rob
                            julie (judyj)
                            Hi Judy,

No bother at all.

The second edition will have 'New Revised and Updated Edition' on the front of the dust jacket at the top. And it was printed in 2009. I'm surprised you've managed to get hold of the first edition as most places seem to be sold out.

Regards

Rob
                            Last edited by Rob Clack; 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Oh, I see Rob has beaten me to it. I was away from my books when I sent the first post, Julie, and couldn't describe the difference between the two editions. As Rob says, the second edition has a band across the top of the dust jacket that says "New Revised and Updated Edition" (published in 2009). The first edition has no band and appeared in 2007. Both were published by Breedon Books. But, like I said, if I had both editions, I'd hang on to them.

Comment

Hi Rob and Maurice
                                Thanks for responding. It's obvious that I have 2 copies of version 1
                                I rec'd my last one from The Book Community.com, Academic and Hard to find
                                Books.
                                This company was established 2005, London, England.
                                It's doubtful that anyone would be looking for version 1 now that there is a version 2.

Next step find Version 2

Thanks again.
                                julie

Comment

Working...
                                X