Clear All

$450.00

Comment

460.--

Comment

$490.00

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
          No worries, there is only one volume out there with my signature, and that's the one I gave to Natalie for her splendid paintings.
          I don't mind signing books many years after publication, but I abhor the habit at publication.
          It's a private thing.

....and I treasure the book!

Comment

$500.00

Comment

I received a private bid from a casebook member before the deadline last night. (I forgot I said I'd accept anonymous bids earlier, but I'm glad I did.)

"Anonymous" has bid $600, and bidding is still open for at least 24 hours.

Wowee.

Comment

$625.00

Comment

Mr. Anon says $650.

Comment

I was prepared to go a lot higher but I do not agree in principal with an "anonymous" bid type auction. There is no real check and balance to ensure the seller is not running up the price on a buyer.

I met Kelly at the Knoxville conference and I fully trust her and know this is not the case but I make it a habit of not engaging in those types of auctions.

Good luck with the bids and I hope you get a high price; it's a very worthwhile charity

Comment

Hi Jayerkey,

Just for the record I trust Kelly completely, otherwise I would not have entrusted her with my copy of this valuable book.

Thanks for coming this far in the bidding. You're right, it's a great and worthwhile charity.

Regards,

Simon
                      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi Jeff. The person making the bid is a longtime casebook contributor. I mentioned from the beginning that I would take bids by pm because I thought some posters might want to get the book as a gift, or to keep private how much money they can throw around.

I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone in choosing to accept bids this way. Perhaps the bidder will see this and choose to name him/herself, but as I have said I will keep the name private if asked, I have to abide by that unless told otherwise.

I feel terrible if it keeps us from getting bids we might have otherwise received.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to change your mind.

I do know that this a legitimate bidder, and if I had any questions about that, I would not have accepted the bid.

Anyway, ending at 1:12 EST tomorrow if no other bids.
                        Last edited by Kelly; 10-25-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

This auction had ended at $650. If the winner will pm me with their address and info, we can work out the shipping arrangements.

Thanks Simon, A.P. and all the bidders!

Comment

Working...
                          X