Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst Ripper book you've ever read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Van Gogh book gets hung in the privy it's value is doubled...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
      If the Van Gogh book gets hung in the privy it's value is doubled...
      Only doubled?
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• The Van Gogh book is never coming out.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          The Van Gogh book is never coming out.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
          Gee Tom now I'm really disappointed.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I'm going to admit that the Ripper short story "Abyss" that I used to bulk out one of (already poor) kindle books was pretty terrible. I mean it stank worse than a skunk eating French cheese in a sewer.

That said the Patricia Cornwell book always cheers me up as it means I am in good company. (And the VG thread often reads like that book after a find/replace filter from Sickert to Van Gough.)
            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

• If the Van Gogh book gets hung in the privy it's value is doubled...

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
              You mean it's all staying in the closet?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                Must be the Masons/Illuminati/Dutch government trying to suppress the truth!

Comment

• The abomination created by Patricia Cornwell--hands down!!
                  "It's either the river or the Ripper for me."~~anonymous 'unfortunate', London 1888

Comment

• "Jack the Ripper:Summing Up and Verdict" by Colin Wilson and Robin Odell was pretty dull. I think it was one of the many books published for the centenary.

Of all the books which came out that year, I was looking forward to this one the most.

Unfortunately it was a pretty drab retelling of the story, with nothing new and littered with some surprising errors.

Given Colin Wilson's long relationship with the case, it is a matter of regret that he never had a really good run at the Ripper case.

Comment

• the fifth victim

No one can ever beat the fifth victim written by antonia what's her name or it might be a bloke using a false name.It is crammed with everything apart from two things facts and truth it was that bad amazon refunded my money my kindle has never been the same since.
                      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Oh come on Tom it will be worth buying just for entertainment value
                        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                          Oh come on Tom it will be worth buying just for entertainment value
                          I've no doubt, but I don't believe he's actually written or intends to publish a book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I've no doubt, but I don't believe he's actually written or intends to publish a book.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            He's probley still busy making the facts up.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              "Jack the Ripper:Summing Up and Verdict" by Colin Wilson and Robin Odell was pretty dull. I think it was one of the many books published for the centenary.
                              I actually liked that book.

Hmmm.

JM

Comment

• Me too, Jon. Summing up and Verdict was a fun read, but full of errors because the authors had not kept up with the latest research of the time. The book came out along with Fido and shortly after Begg and so got lost in the shuffle.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                                X