No announcement yet.

Book Collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borowitz Collection- 25 years at Kent State Univ.

Kent State held a few special events to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the donation to the University of the Albert Borowitz collection. True Crime author Laura James wrote the forward to their exhibition catalog, which she shared with the readers of her blog.

You can see a full list of the events that were held on the Kent State Campus, and follow the links to a pdf of the 25th anniversary exhibition catalog, by clicking here.

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 08-31-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
      Hi Glenn, The book is Danish, full title Morderen der aldrig blev fanget - og maaske fanget which translates as The Murderer That Was Never Caught - and Maybe Caught. It was published in 1938 and Ross Strachan says of it - "The Royal Danish Library, which claims to own a copy of every book published in Denmark, has no record of this book's existence - but I have it on very good authority that it does indeed exist." Well, yes it does and here is my copy -

[ATTACH]3189[/ATTACH]
      Hello Stewart;

Have had a little delve into this one.
      I think it is a "borrowed" translation .
      The "projektor" series seems to be a copy or translation of W. Teignmouth Shore's 8 volume series..1931-1938... Crime and its Detection. Gresham publications.
      One of these volumes, from 1931, is credited to "W Teignmouth Shore; Auster Allen.
      As Shores first name was William..The names on the front of the Danish volume.."William Allen" seem to match.

Richard Jensen was an author and editor at Gyldendal publishing. A company that still exists today in Denmark and Norway.

I could be on the wrong track..but it seems likely to me.

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Wow stewart

Comment

Working...
        X