Peter Kürten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Kürten

When I first read about Jack the Ripper I, like everyone, branched out and read about other serial killers. The name that tended to crop up the most was Peter Kürten, The Düsseldorf Vampire. As I was checking online today a question occurred to me…..why does there appear to be no significant (or reasonably recent) books on him?

There’s this slim 138 page volume with very mixed reviews..

Or this 42 pager…

Or this reprint of Karl Berg’s The Sadist, just 138 pages….

It just seems strange. Is there a book that I haven’t come across that anyone might be aware of? I haven’t read any of the above btw.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Maybe less is better about that maniac. Pure evil.

Comment

It just seems strange that there have been numerous books on Gein, Bundy, Gacy and hundreds of others but no one has done one on Kürten.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I agree, Kurten would seem a prime candidate for extensive study. Even the chapters I've read on him and Yorkshire Ripper creep me out more than reading the others. Something about them makes them seem more evil to me. Weird since they all are.

Comment

pure evil. hes up there with panzram. no excuse but both cane from just horrible families.
          maybe because he was early in the history of serial killers and from non english speaking country is perhaps why not alot written on him herlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            When I first read about Jack the Ripper I, like everyone, branched out and read about other serial killers. The name that tended to crop up the most was Peter Kürten, The Düsseldorf Vampire. As I was checking online today a question occurred to me…..why does there appear to be no significant (or reasonably recent) books on him?

There’s this slim 138 page volume with very mixed reviews..

Or this 42 pager…

Or this reprint of Karl Berg’s The Sadist, just 138 pages….

It just seems strange. Is there a book that I haven’t come across that anyone might be aware of? I haven’t read any of the above btw.
            Donald Rumbelow wrote a large section about Kürten in his book on the Ripper back in the seventies, don´t know if you have seen that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Donald Rumbelow wrote a large section about Kürten in his book on the Ripper back in the seventies, don´t know if you have seen that one?
              I have thanks Fish. If you ever consider another book there seems to be a gap in the market here (I expect an acknowledgement if you do though). I’m amazed that someone like Harold Schechter hasn’t been all over Kürten as the subject of a book?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I have thanks Fish. If you ever consider another book there seems to be a gap in the market here (I expect an acknowledgement if you do though). I’m amazed that someone like Harold Schechter hasn’t been all over Kürten as the subject of a book?
                Kürtens story is a truly fascinating one, so I very much agree that it is odd that nobody has written a more comprehensive book on him. I won´t be the one doing it, though ...

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Kürtens story is a truly fascinating one, so I very much agree that it is odd that nobody has written a more comprehensive book on him. I won´t be the one doing it, though ...
                  Someone will get around to it one day no doubt Fish.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Someone will get around to it one day no doubt Fish.
                    Great post H!! Like your good self I read up on the Düsseldorf Vampire many moons ago!! A true monster that devil!! Can’t believe more has not been written!!

Comment

Working...
                    X