Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pamphlets, Comics, Newspapers and Graphic Novels.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Things have come to a pretty pass when we are reduced to arguing the arse out of various comic book illustrations.
    Its not a debate thread Simon, we’re simply looking at the various things that we’ve acquired over the years.
    Regards

    Herlock



    Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hi Herlock,

      You are not the only one who has trouble with the technology. I tried to add a profile pic to my posts when casebook installed the new software, but it went all horizontal on me, just like your pics to this thread, and I gave up.

      How did you manage to get your avatar the right way up?

      Love,

      Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by caz View Post
        Hi Herlock,

        You are not the only one who has trouble with the technology. I tried to add a profile pic to my posts when casebook installed the new software, but it went all horizontal on me, just like your pics to this thread, and I gave up.

        How did you manage to get your avatar the right way up?

        Love,

        Caz
        X
        Hi Caz,

        To be honest I can’t recall how I did it but it came up portrait first time. I did recently try to add a different avatar (another portrait of mine) but that came up the wrong way so I had to put the one that I have back on.

        Its all witchcraft.
        Regards

        Herlock



        Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

          Its not a debate thread Simon, we’re simply looking at the various things that we’ve acquired over the years.
          comic book illustrations are "unsafe" to rely on ; )
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

          -Edgar Allan Poe


          "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

          -Frederick G. Abberline

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

            Its not a debate thread Simon, we’re simply looking at the various things that we’ve acquired over the years.
            Some great acquisitions H very interesting!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

              comic book illustrations are "unsafe" to rely on ; )
              Regards

              Herlock



              Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Christian View Post

                Some great acquisitions H very interesting!!
                Cheers Christian, I found some things that I’d forgot that I had.
                Regards

                Herlock



                Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

                  Cheers Christian, I found some things that I’d forgot that I had.
                  Yes I’m always doing that oh forgot I bought that!! Even find two copies sometimes:/lol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Christian View Post

                    Yes I’m always doing that oh forgot I bought that!! Even find two copies sometimes:/lol
                    For some reason I have 3 copies of Gotham By Gaslight. Not a clue why?

                    Regards

                    Herlock



                    Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

                      For some reason I have 3 copies of Gotham By Gaslight. Not a clue why?
                      Lol is it old age ? Forgetfulness? God only knows H 30 plus years of buying maybe!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Sorry about the late reply.
                        I vaguely recall you use an iPad Herlock?

                        I don't know what's possible on those things. I've never had a tablet or smartphone. On my desktop, any decent image editor will allow you to rotate an image. You can even straighten an image. For example your Tomb Tales image is a bit lop-sided. I use Irfanview myself, which is Windows only.

                        Like I said I don't know what is possible on tablets and smartphones but typically, those things are used to consume content only. Whilst I'm no coder or video maker, I do need to manipulate files sometimes. Audio files and images files usually. I'm sure it must be possible on a tablet but it's probably really clunky, especially with a virtual keyboard.
                        Last edited by Ozzy; 04-14-2021, 12:19 PM.
                        These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                          Sorry about the late reply.
                          I vaguely recall you use an iPad Herlock?

                          I don't know what's possible on those things. I've never had a tablet or smartphone. On my desktop, any decent image editor will allow you to rotate an image. You can even straighten an image. For example your Tomb Tales image is a bit lop-sided. I use Irfanview myself, which is Windows only.

                          Like I said I don't know what is possible on tablets and smartphones but typically, those things are used to consume content only. Whilst I'm no coder or video maker, I do need to manipulate files sometimes. Audio files and images files usually. I'm sure it must be possible on a tablet but it's probably really clunky, especially with a virtual keyboard.
                          Thanks for that Ozzy

                          Regards

                          Herlock



                          Chairman of the National Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To The Old Established Theories.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X