X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardh View Post
    You mean this one?
    Could be worse.

"Jack the Ripper" 1988 had a picture of Mitre Square as the scene of Nichols' death.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Morgue photo

I'm placing a bet. It appears to be Elizabeth Short, most definitely.
      From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
      "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

At least you'll get Long odds.

Suspect it is Eddowes. Censored,cleaned up version.

Comment

I wondered what you folks would think of this episode with the most specific references to the murders. Interesting, no?

I can recognize Tumblety and Druitt in the "suspect" area of the map, but who is the top-hatted chap? Randolph Churchill?
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Thomas Neill Cream.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
              Thomas Neill Cream.
              Ah, right. Thank you, DJA.
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

It definitely looks like Liz Short to me, along with a picture of 13 Millers Court instead of Mitre Square. Weird, as they have pictures of Kate Eddowes on the map, but not in the right place.

Comment

Ah.The Black Dahlia.1947.

They can't spell Eddowes either.

Liked the first two series.

My apology Rosemary.

Waiting for the BluRay prices to drop for this one.

Comment

Perhaps Reid, knew something that we didn't.
                    And as Abberline looked at the map and didn't notice anything wrong, no wonder the Ripper was never caught.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                      Perhaps Reid, knew something that we didn't.
                      And as Abberline looked at the map and didn't notice anything wrong, no wonder the Ripper was never caught.

Regards
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just saw a TV ad that "Ripper Street" is returning with new episodes this July 28. I think they may be pushing forward in time again, as they did with the third season. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                          Just saw a TV ad that "Ripper Street" is returning with new episodes this July 28. I think they may be pushing forward in time again, as they did with the third season. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
                          Amazon's handling of the release in the US is all kinds of awful. Allowing BBCAmerica to air it while making Prime subscribers have to pay and all versions (including DVD and Bluray) are missing almost an hour total vs original Prime UK release. I get trying to squeeze the most they can out of it but, honestly, this plan seems like the worst they could possibly come up with. If Amazon wants subscribers to pay for inhouse produced content, they should at least refrain from editing the hell out of t.
                          I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Will be waiting for BluRay or DVD at reasonable prices.
                            Still a bit expensive on DVD for six episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                              Will be waiting for BluRay or DVD at reasonable prices.
                              Still a bit expensive on DVD for six episodes.
                              Not easy to find around here at any price unless I buy online.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Series 4 on DVD is $39.50 on eBay.
                                Seller is in some place called Sydney

Comment

Working...
                                X