The Missing Evidence - New Ripper Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    Any idea why cross stopped killing after the murder of Mary Kelly as he went on to live for quite a few years after her murder I think this is an important question which needs answering.
    I have asked this before. Apparently there are subsequent murders the Lechmerians can (tenuously) link him to, but those are being saved for the upcoming book.

Comment

• Hi Robert,I just can't see after killing poor mary in such an appalling fashion that he would just go away and stop killing the word raving maniac springs to mind.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        I have asked this before. Apparently there are subsequent murders the Lechmerians can (tenuously) link him to, but those are being saved for the upcoming book.
        Hi,were any of the murders as appalling as Mary's?
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi,were any of the murders as appalling as Mary's?
          I'm in no position to answer that, Pinkmoon. They're keeping schtum on the matter. No doubt our next question will be: "Why did Crossmere change MO?"

Comment

• I think the point I have just raised is a very important one when considering ANY one as a candidate for the crown of jack the ripper.

Comment

• I'm not sure I can discern a raving maniac in Miller's Court. The organs were all by the body (apart from the heart). It's almost as if someone were taking apart a watch out of curiosity, taking care to lose none of the parts in the fond expectation of being able to put it back together again.

Comment

I think the point I have just raised is a very important one when considering ANY one as a candidate for the crown of jack the ripper.
                Indeed, I don't for a minute think that whoever butchered MJK willingly gave up or deescalated in MO. He would've had to have been forced. Therefore the Ripper either died, was incapacitated, or found a new killing field, but we have little corroborative evidence to support that last one.

Comment

• Hi Robert,I'm afraid I disagree there's murder and there's what happend to poor mary to go out a kill a person on a whim is bad enough but to go out and do what was done to Kelly is a very very very long way from normal I just can't see our killer carrying on a normal life after that.

Comment

• Hi Pink

My personal view is that he never led a normal life to start with, and if I had to describe him the word 'childlike' would be one word that would spring to mind.

But we are hijacking Fish's thread.

Comment

• Hi Robert,yes another time for this discussion we will save it for the next time we have a solved case closed book published and let's face it hijackings never end well unless you are D.B.Cooper.

Comment

Any idea why cross stopped killing after the murder of Mary Kelly as he went on to live for quite a few years after her murder I think this is an important question which needs answering.
                        Here is a link to what the FBI has to say in this matter, Pink:

And here is an excerpt from the site. They list a number of myths, and one of those myths is that serial killers will never stop. Please read and digest!

Myth: Serial killers cannot stop killing.

It has been widely believed that once serial killers start killing, they cannot stop. There are, however, some serial killers who stop murdering altogether before being caught. In these instances, there are events or circumstances in offenders’ lives that inhibit them from pursuing more victims. These can include increased participation in family activities, sexual substitution, and other diversions.

• BTK killer, Dennis Rader, murdered ten victims from 1974 to 1991. He did not kill any other victims prior to being captured in 2005. During interviews conducted by law enforcement, Rader admitted to engaging in auto-erotic activities as a substitute for his killings.

• Jeffrey Gorton killed his first victim in 1986 and his next victim in 1991. He did not kill another victim and was captured in 2002. Gorton engaged in cross-dressing and masturbatory activities, as well as consensual sex with his wife in the interim.

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

• Well, I guess in order to apply statistics to Crossmere, it would be necessary to look at those who have stopped and see if he resembles any of them.

Fish, did you and Ed find any references to Cossmere being admitted to an infirmary or a hospital?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Well, I guess in order to apply statistics to Crossmere, it would be necessary to look at those who have stopped and see if he resembles any of them.
                            Resemblances are easy to find if you're looking for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Is it factually wrong to describe Lechmere as having been found by the side of a murder victim? No, it isn´t. Robert Paul said that he found Lechmere standing in the middle of the street, where the body was.
                              Yes it is factually wrong. Paul described Lechmere as standing "in the middle of the road" and that is not "where the body was". Lechmere took Paul to the body.

Being an ex-police officer as Stewart is, I would surmise that anybody found by Stewart Evans and/or his colleagues standing alone by a freshly killed murder victim saying "I simply found her, that´s all" would be very closely scrutinized and would need to be cleared of suspicion. I actually know this to be the case.
                              So do I and the overwhelming likelihood, therefore, is that, by whatever means, Lechmere was closely scrutinised and cleared of suspicion.
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Bridewell:

Yes it is factually wrong. Paul described Lechmere as standing "in the middle of the road" and that is not "where the body was". Lechmere took Paul to the body.

Paul actually used these exact words in his paper interview: "Standing where the body was". And unless you can provide the exact distances involved when it is said that somebody is standing by the side of somebody else, I´m afraid you have no argument, Colin.

So do I and the overwhelming likelihood, therefore, is that, by whatever means, Lechmere was closely scrutinised and cleared of suspicion.

Here we go again: Why did they not procure his real name if that was the case? Why does not a single report or paper speak of any interrogation or checkout? Why does not Dew, who vividly remembers the hunt for Paul recall that Lechmere was dug into?

They-did-not-check-him-out, Colin. And in all likelyhood, his doube appearance with the police, seemingly out of his own free will, can have been what sealed the deal. Plus they were not looking for anybody like Lechmere. Even Queen Victoria threw her penny´s worth in from Buckingham Palace, stating that whoever it was, it was no Englishman!

The best,
                                Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                                X