MJK 1,2 & 3 rendered into a 3D video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK 1,2 & 3 rendered into a 3D video

Here's my latest attempt at 3D'ing JtR images. Hope you like (it's YouTube). Let me know how it can be improved etc.

Miller's Court 3D rendered YouTube
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Hi RichardH,

Your rather anorexic rendition of MJK is nevertheless excellent and valuable.

How she ever moved from MJK1 to MJK3 without human intervention is one of the Whitechapel murders' more intriguing mysteries.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Excellent 3D Images.

Cheers John

Comment

Fantastic work as always Sir, keep it up!

Comment

Haunting, and very well done.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Great job!
            aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm working on improvements and I am also working on what I hope to be an accurate sun/shadow simulation (SSS) of MJK1 (the external photo of No.13).
                JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  How she ever moved from MJK1 to MJK3 without human intervention is one of the Whitechapel murders' more intriguing mysteries.

Regards,

Simon
                  We know there was a police surgeon in attendance. We know that time of death was routinely estimated by the progress of rigor mortis. This would surely involve movement of the limbs or an attempt to do so. I would argue for human intervention having taken place in the form of the police surgeon's activities.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Excellent work, and as you can see, so many of us are grateful...

Really looking forward to your revised version...can I ask out of interest why you settled eventually for a 50mm lens? I'm aware that in modern times it's regarded as a "standard", but did the same actually hold true during the glass plate bellows era?

Not a trick question, nor am I trying to make a point...just, as a one-time, long-ago, hobbyist photographer, curious...I don't know where I got it but I have an impression that back in the 1880s the standard lens, if such existed, was closer to 40mm...but I'm going back thirty five to forty years, so I may well be wrong...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                      Excellent work, and as you can see, so many of us are grateful...

Really looking forward to your revised version...can I ask out of interest why you settled eventually for a 50mm lens? I'm aware that in modern times it's regarded as a "standard", but did the same actually hold true during the glass plate bellows era?

Not a trick question, nor am I trying to make a point...just, as a one-time, long-ago, hobbyist photographer, curious...I don't know where I got it but I have an impression that back in the 1880s the standard lens, if such existed, was closer to 40mm...but I'm going back thirty five to forty years, so I may well be wrong...

All the best

Dave
                      G'day Dave

On a 35 mm they were, but of course MJK were shot on something much bigger probable a plate camera with a "Negative" from memory 8.5"X6.5" and an 11" or about 220mm lens.
                      Last edited by GUT; 08-22-2014, 05:21 PM.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X