Ripper-like storyline in The Witcher 3 video game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper-like storyline in The Witcher 3 video game

Here is a side quest called "Carnal Sin" in the 2015 video game The Witcher 3. It borrows quite a few things from Ripper lore: the obligatory visit to the morgue, a killer who takes out the victim's heart, the last victim dying in her home, the religious (freemason-like) aspect, and of course, the doctor being the one who did it. Don't mind the spoiler, since this is really a very small detail in the game. Pop culture is filled with tropes about serial killers, of course, but this clearly draws inspiration from JTR.

Originally posted by YomRippur View Post
    Here is a side quest called "Carnal Sin" in the 2015 video game The Witcher 3. It borrows quite a few things from Ripper lore: the obligatory visit to the morgue, a killer who takes out the victim's heart, the last victim dying in her home, the religious (freemason-like) aspect, and of course, the doctor being the one who did it. Don't mind the spoiler, since this is really a very small detail in the game. Pop culture is filled with tropes about serial killers, of course, but this clearly draws inspiration from JTR.
    Very strange coincidence I just started this side quest last night?!? My wife bought me Witcher 3 as a Christmas present and I have been playing it for the last few weeks. How strange.
    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Working...
    X