Warcry Publishing Author Jamie Boyle on the Trail of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcry Publishing Author Jamie Boyle on the Trail of Jack the Ripper

Jamie Boyle, initially naïf author who penned probing books about recent true crime figures such as Paul Sykes and football celebrities in the North of England and Scotland, is potentially writing a book about the Whitechapel murders. His goal seems to be a from-the-ground-up approach and his "outsider" status in Ripperology - as it has with other such writers in the past - may prove refreshing.
    He does pursue erstwhile sensationalist subjects and handles the subject matter with some sensitivity.
    Here are one of his video logs from his recent London trip. He is looking for guidance in many areas in the field so some of you may proffer your sage advice to him:

Originally posted by Fantomas View Post
    Jamie Boyle, initially naïf author who penned probing books about recent true crime figures such as Paul Sykes and football celebrities in the North of England and Scotland, is potentially writing a book about the Whitechapel murders. His goal seems to be a from-the-ground-up approach and his "outsider" status in Ripperology - as it has with other such writers in the past - may prove refreshing.
    He does pursue erstwhile sensationalist subjects and handles the subject matter with some sensitivity.
    Here are one of his video logs from his recent London trip. He is looking for guidance in many areas in the field so some of you may proffer your sage advice to him:

Thanks for the heads up.

So the Commercial Tavern was the old Commercial Street Police station? That was news to me.

I must have walked passed it loads of times and didn't realize. Doh!

Please me that the police station was built above a pub, and the pub wasn't a later development. Ha ha.

Last edited by mpriestnall; 06-24-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Thanks for the heads up.

So the Commercial Tavern was the old Commercial Street Police station? That was news to me.

I must have walked passed it loads of times and didn't realize. Doh!
      Don't be too hard on yourself. I believe the Commercial Street police station is actually the red brick building which can be seen on the left of the video, across the road from the tavern.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Don't be too hard on yourself. I believe the Commercial Street police station is actually the red brick building which can be seen on the left of the video, across the road from the tavern.
        Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

No worries. As can be seen on this contemporary map, both buildings existed in 1888. So I'd say the video was somewhat misleading...unless he was being satirical.

Edit: ok, you might not be able to actually see them....but they're there. Police station is the entire smaller triangular block, tavern is at the lower tip of the larger triangular block.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210624-120830~2.png Views:	0 Size:	34.9 KB ID:	760757
          Last edited by Joshua Rogan; 06-24-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Mr. Boyle may not completely have eschewed sensationalism!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantomas View Post
              Mr. Boyle may not completely have eschewed sensationalism!

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...aying-26059798
              The severed hand found in 1889 might be a Torso Killer's victim, but it doesn't match the Ripper's MO.

To me, the mention of 167 suspects in the Scotland Yard files seems more interesting. No doubt most were eliminated at the time, but a full listing would be of interest.
              "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Working...
              X