BBC 1973 Jack the Ripper Series (Barlow & Watt) Coming to DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC 1973 Jack the Ripper Series (Barlow & Watt) Coming to DVD

You might be interested to know that after 46 years, the six-part BBC series 'Jack the Ripper' featuring an investigation into the case by Z-Cars/Softly Softly stalwarts Charlie Barlow and John Watt is finally due to be released on DVD by Simply Home Entertainment (https://www.simplyhe.com/)

The episodes passed through the BBFC over the past few days, has been given a 12 certificate and is due for release on 21 October 2019.

Originally posted by fanoofez View Post
    You might be interested to know that after 46 years, the six-part BBC series 'Jack the Ripper' featuring an investigation into the case by Z-Cars/Softly Softly stalwarts Charlie Barlow and John Watt is finally due to be released on DVD by Simply Home Entertainment (https://www.simplyhe.com/)

The episodes passed through the BBFC over the past few days, has been given a 12 certificate and is due for release on 21 October 2019.

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/jack-rip...ni-series-2019
    Thanks for that Fanoofez

Definitely a must-have for anyone interested in the case.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I thought I'd have a look at the website for the price, as well as the possibilty that their other series from 1976, Second Verdict, might be getting a release.

I couldn't even find mention of the Ripper release on simplyhe's website. Maybe my search skills aren't up to scratch.

I've only seen one episode of Second Verdict, the one about Edward IV's sons, the princes in the tower. I'd like to see the rest.

These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
        I thought I'd have a look at the website for the price, as well as the possibilty that their other series from 1976, Second Verdict, might be getting a release.

I couldn't even find mention of the Ripper release on simplyhe's website. Maybe my search skills aren't up to scratch.

I've only seen one episode of Second Verdict, the one about Edward IV's sons, the princes in the tower. I'd like to see the rest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Verdict
        I can’t see it either Ozzy.

I hadn’t heard of the Second Verdict series. Was it a good one?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Just in time for Xmas!
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

The DVD is now up for pre-order.

ALEXABET Link Situs Resmi Login Dan Daftar Game Online Terbaru. Daftar & Mainkan game terbaru Alexabet disini.

Comment

My dvd has just arrived today.
              Really looking forward to watching it.

Has anyone else seen it recently?
              Does it stand up well after all these years?

Comment

This (truly excellent) 6-part series can now be found on YouTube, here...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                  My dvd has just arrived today.
                  Really looking forward to watching it.

Has anyone else seen it recently?
                  Does it stand up well after all these years?
                  My mate ordered me one (and one for himself when it first came out) and I really enjoyed watching it again after a few years gap. I think it was really well done.

With all the crap that they remake it would be good to see a high quality remake of this.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

"With all the crap that they remake it would be good to see a high quality remake of this."
                    (Herlock Sholmes)

I absolutely agree Herlock, a sober analytical remake, incorporating all the new stuff that has been discovered/discussed over the years would be a great project.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                      "With all the crap that they remake it would be good to see a high quality remake of this."
                      (Herlock Sholmes)

I absolutely agree Herlock, a sober analytical remake, incorporating all the new stuff that has been discovered/discussed over the years would be a great project.
                      If not the Ripper File then a real good lengthy documentary investigation would be good. A few episodes long with more focus that the usual one hour ones allow . Last episode 10 writers/researchers get 5 minutes to propound their theories.

Cant see it happening though.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The same Barlow and Watt format would be great, brought right up to date, but who would you like to see in the starring roles? Stratford Johns and Frank Windsor [who died last month] made a superb duo.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Folks, I forgot to mention that although the original tv BBC version was in black and white, the version on sale on Amazon is in colour,and it looks great!

Frank Windsor and Stratford Johns play it absolutely straight.

Highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                            The same Barlow and Watt format would be great, brought right up to date, but who would you like to see in the starring roles? Stratford Johns and Frank Windsor [who died last month] made a superb duo.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            Fish and Trevor
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Fish and Trevor
                              Fight, fight, fight, fight!

Comment

Working...
                              X