Gaslight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaslight

Just found this on the internet and thought it might be of interest to the folk here:
    Hammer Films continues to move forward with new horror projects and we're now hearing that they've acquired the rights to a new script revolving around Jack the Ripper. Titled Gaslight, the script was written by Ian Fried and involves Jack the Ripper trying to catch a serial killer: "Jack the Ripper, secretly imprisoned in a London […]

(May have already been mentioned on the forums)
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

I don't like the title, as it is a classic Ingrid Bergman/Charles Boyer film.

Comment

The title Gaslight should not be used. It is an insult to the great Patrick Hamilton, who wrote the play Gaslight later turned into two films, one British, one American.He also wrote Rope the play based on the Leopold and Loeb case, later made into a film by Hitchcock.
      Hamilton was a brilliant, important novelist, of between the wars louche life, pubs and drinkers, prostitutes, business men and conmen He had a superb ear for dialogue and speech patterns.His novels are comic and tragic at the same time.
      The Gorse trilogy, his study of the psychopathic conman Ralph Gorse, should be read, The West Pier, Mr Stimpson and Mr Gorse, and Unknown Assailant. Also his trilogy Twenty thousand streets under the sky.
      If I can get anyone reading him, I will be well pleased.

Miss Marple
      Last edited by miss marple; 02-18-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Mercifully Hamilton did not write the following piece of screenplay, with its hilarious mix of accents :

dummy deaths This clip is to augment an educational essay on the film at www.destructibleman.com and no rights are claimed whatsoever. all rights are held ex...

Comment

Actually, Hamilton called his play Angel Street.

The Ingrid Bergman movie was just on last night, in the US (on TCM, a cable channel). That "Because I am Mad" scene is one of the best scenes in movie history.

Comment

Tcm

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
            Actually, Hamilton called his play Angel Street.

The Ingrid Bergman movie was just on last night, in the US (on TCM, a cable channel). That "Because I am Mad" scene is one of the best scenes in movie history.
            Hi Rivkah,

Is this the same TCM (Turner's Classic Movies) channel as we get in the UK on a Sky subscription or is there a different version for the US market?

Regards, Bridewell.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

And you have the 1944 film Fanny by Gaslight
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
              X